Locking for a Barron lock

Hello there,

I am the curator of the German Museum of Locks and Metal Fittings in Velbert. Similar to Willenhall in the U.K., for the past 400 years Velbert has been the major centre in the production of locks in Germany.

The Museum was founded in 1936 and shows the development of locks from Antiquity until today.

We are currently rearranging our exhibition and planning a section on Robert Barron, inventor of the doubleacting lever lock.

For that we would like to show an original lock or reproduction of the Barron lock.

Since Barron locks have been virtually unkonown in Germany, we have no example ourselves. I was wondering if any of the U.S. collectors could help me where to find one...... Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely yours,

Dr. Ulrich Morgenroth

Stadt Velbert, II.4.2 Deutsches Schloss- und Beschlägemuseum Oststr. 20 D 42551 Velbert

Reply to
MORGENROTH