Medecco house lockset

My local hardware stores do not carry a Medecco lockset for the outside doors of my house. Where can I get these at a reasonable price?

I just bought a house and I want to add new locks anyways. I like the ball bearing locks.

CaptainKrunch.

Reply to
CaptainKrunch

Contact Medeco direct... They'll sell to ANYBODY.

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

Most locksmiths can get Medeco from their wholesale supplier.

If you want a reasonable price, go with Kwikset Titan. You can't have good, and cheep and fast, all at the same time.

Reply to
alt-hvac Moderated

You're kidding right? There is no comparison between KS Titan and Medeco or any other quality lock for that matter.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

I'm not kidding. I've used Kwikky and Titan for years.

Reply to
alt-hvac Moderated

ok, STUPID question.... burglary. HOW MANY locks ARE 'picked'? ON A HOUSE....

then a GOOD mechanical/tough lock/deadbolt is good.. WHY spend a couple of hundred per LOCK on something they will just go around anyway? if you got that much 'stuff' that you a re worried, then get a VERY well recommended alarm company.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Agreed. Personally, I get a kick out of seeing expensive locks on flimsy (sometimes even hollow) doors.

Reply to
Aegis

Someone ought to come up with a clever way of saying something like:

1st Law of Security: A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

Anyone who wants to spend thousands of dollars to install a Medeco deadbolt and KIK lock on each of their doors...

Shakes head in confusion -- Medeco is ONLY good for key control and most people selling those locks to homeowners are going to be selling a restricted (either geographically regional or dealer exculsive) keyways... You as the homeowner are now only able to get the keys duplicated from one locksmith...

Homeowners afraid of giving out keys to their house should install stand alone keyless access control lockset -- one that can be programmed for several codes... Many inexpensive but good quality models are made by several manufacturers... Alarm Lock is the one I am most familiar with...

Locks and keys are the start of home security homeowners need an alarm system for their home -- a system in which several codes can be used (one code for each person having access to the house is good) because only with such a system installed will you ever be able to prove some contractor or maid service ever stole anything from your home... First question frm the police when they come is "who has keys" the second one "who has the alarm code"...

Point here is don't spend hundreds of dollars per door on locks when a burglar is only going to smash a window in order to gain entry to your home... Have an alarm system and reasonable quality door locks...

Evan

Reply to
Evan

Confucious Say: Man with two hundred dollar lock on a fifty dollar door a damn fool.

Reply to
alt-hvac Moderated

That does not make them a quality lock. Just a cheap and easily available lock which the poster has already had ample chance to buy in the hardware store.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere