New Forum

I've launched the new forum. My intentions are NOT to compete with anyone, but are to provide a better place to communicate, share, learn, & teach.

The URL is

It is for bonafide locksmiths, but for the time being - all are welcome to check it out and comment/critique the layout.

I consider it a compromise between TNL and

is an excellent site, but a little too "busy" feature wise in my opinion for the average locksmith. I WILL NOT plug my site over there, but will participate since I am somewhat of a computer geek myself. I have no real incentive to be bigger over at my site since it's purely a "labor of love". I'm sure most of you are familiar with TNL, but for you lockies who double as geeks, locksmithforum.com is a great site. Another big difference between my site & theirs will be that mine will become secure once a good foundation of knowledgeable members is established so that sensitive topics can be discussed.

Thanks!!---------Dan

Dan & Nina McNeil

in article bq3ckn$18l$ snipped-for-privacy@bob.news.rcn.net, Dan & Nina McNeil at snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net wrote on 11/26/03 5:18 PM:

Link shows server not available.

Reply to
M.C.

Reply to
Dan & Nina McNeil

Hmmm, I entered the DNS a little over a day ago - should be up everywhere by

now. Guess it still needs to be resolved on a few nameservers before everyone can see it. My sincerest apologies --- I would imagine that if you check again within the next 24hrs it will show up. ------------- Dan

"M.C." wrote:

Reply to
genius

Has anyone else gotten this to work, yet? I still can't get there.

Reply to
FacMan

Their primary DNS server (DNS1.AXION-IT.COM per the whois) still does not have correct records for loktek.com. It things the authoritative DNS is loktek.com (209.183.229.36) which is running a DNS but does not have forum.loktek.com in it's tables.

They can fix it immediately by adding an A record to the DNS table on 209.183.229.36 or by telling DNS1.AXION-IT.COM that NS1.ALGX.NET is authoritative. It would take longer, but they could also fix it by removing DNS1.AXION-IT.COM from their domain registration at NETWORK SOLUTIONS.

For a short term solution you could add the line

216.240.150.71 forum.loktek.com to your /etc/hosts file (if unix-like) or \windows\hosts (if windows)

Daniel

Reply to
dbs__usenet

I figured it was something like that. Thanks.

Reply to
FacMan

Ah ha!! That answers a lot of questions!

When we got our T1 about a year ago and signed on with this new company, they assured us that they would take over the nameserver. Well, they HALF did - I was resolving the website at ALGX, but apparently many of you couldn't see the site because your computers were looking for it at AXION-IT.

I cleared axion, and inserted the correct nameservers. The DNS should be workin' like a champ soon!!

forum.loktek.com might be intermittent for some of you, but should be permanently online in within the next few days for everyone. We've got 15 members and are still growing daily, and hopefully that this DNS issue has been resolved, we'll grow even faster.

Thank You Daniel for the enlighten> > Has anyone else gotten this to work, yet? I still can't get there. > >

Reply to
Dan McNeil

Still not working.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

I swapped the nameservers this morning. Typically, nameservers worldwide propogate within 72 hours, so anytime within the next couple of days we should be doin' groovy :p

In the meantime, (for the heck of it) see if this works:

Of course, the official forum page is:

-------Dan

Reply to
Dan McNeil

[ snip ]

Hooray! It just resolved properly. It should resolve for most everyone now. The Root servers are all showing the same info.

It's my pleasure to help out. Networks and systems are what I do when I'm not doing locks (or reading usenet :-).

Daniel

Reply to
dbs__usenet

It has worked for me every time I have tried it. (using netscape)

Leon Rowell

Putyourspamhere wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

netscape)

also using IE

Reply to
"Key

works with Opera 6

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

It's working now.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Probably depended on isp then. It's working for me now anyway.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

anyway.

believe all his links are up now.