North Carolina Locksmith license...TIA!!

Are there any locksmiths from North Carolina in this group?? What is required to pass the North Carolina Locksmith licensing exam? Any help would be appreciated

MJ

Reply to
Marshall Jones

Key

I'm a Tarheel lockie myself. I operate in the RTP for a large commercial properties developer/management corporation, therefore I was not subject to the locksmith licensing law. I acquired my license anyway, just in case I want to to charge for my services some day independant of my employer. I got myself 'grandfathered in' because I was able to provide proof of several (forgot how many) years service I had already accumulated as a locksmithocksmith.

Long story short: I don't know precisely what's on the exams because I didn't have to take 'em. I can't imagine it would be too tricky, though. By all rights, it should be an exam that any locksmith worthy of the tag could pass.

Reply to
Radrunner

Couldn't tell you specifically. I was exempted under the grandfather clause from taking the test. If you can prove to them you were working in the trade for at least two years before 1/1/2003 you're exempt too, from the testing, not from having to obtain the license.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere