Pick guns: Quality info request

After about twenty years, my Majestic locked up. The adjuster wheel won't turn, and it's only got one spring force.

The parts house offers me an Ilco for about $26.

Are Majestic still made? Should I get the Ilco? How's the quality?

I'm not asking for tutorial, here. Just opinions of quality.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

mine came apart pretty easy, and repaired the broken pin holder... yours 'might' just need some greasing...or cleaning.

--Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

Shoot some graphite in it!

(Sorry. Couldn't resist)

Clark EZ# 827055 Listed as "Lockaid" tool $44 Nation wide, they show 86 in stock (Love that on-line catalog!!!)

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Chris,

If I recall correctly the majestic had a lifetime guarantee. Ask your distributor if this is the case and how to get hold of Majestic.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Oh, perhaps I had a brain fart but I thought that Majestic made the Lockaid.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

hell, your probably right.. I thought majestic was one of the cheap ones.. or was that ilco, a-1 or pro-lock? damn don't remember now.. I think it was NJ I sent it to, back in the early

90's.. all mine says is (LIFE) "Lockaid" (r). The cheap one I used was silver mine is black.. I do vagly remember another black one though. was it one of those aquistion things? :-) Roger (not Shoaf) Cann lol
Reply to
"RC" da "PCDJ

adjuster wheel won't

yes, you can still get the Majestic Pick Gun.

I have an Ilco and a Majestic Pick Gun. have had no problems with either.

Reply to
"Keyman

The Ilco is good.

Reply to