Schlage F Line Manipulation Tool

Just saw an ad in one of the flyers I receive. It was for a tool manufactured by Laser Security Products. It looks like a bent piece of wire and claims to "open all Schlage F line locks in seconds without damage" I ordered the tool with some other products but it was back ordered. I looked at the LSP web site and there is no mention of this tool. Has anyone seen or used this tool? I would be interested, because since Schlage came out with the new compressible cylinder in there F series locks, I have had trouble picking these locks. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks. Tim

Reply to
SmithandSons

I wouldn't order any tool of that sort without seeing it demoed first, or understanding *exactly* how it works, or having a strong recommendation from someone I trusted. There have been just a few too many scams.

I haven't seen it yet, and I probably wouldn't post a recommendation here if I had; too close to defeating instructions.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

You can use a regular hook pick.

There are actually 2 different methods for compromising Schlage F series locks.

The new F series seem to have much tighter tolerances and I haven't had much success with either method though.

The old locks were a breeze to compromise.

The first method I use involves the regular hook pick. It's about 50% effective, because it depends on whether the knob retainer is facing the door jamb or not.

The other method involves 2 pieces of long thin spring steel. I use the Weiser shims. They work best for me.

Gilles Deacur Sunshine Locksmith Team

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
SunshineTeam.net