Sully Car Opening Manual on CD

Hello,

Does anybody have the 2000, 2001, or 2002 Sully Car Opening Manual on CD that they would like to sell?

I have the 1999 and the 2003, but would like these years as well.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Opening Manual on

as well.

contact Sully direct for his copy protected software.

my2

Reply to
Key

I already have. They are not putting out the CD's anymore. The last year they made was 2003. But they are still making and selling their tools.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

anymore. The last

selling their

high tech tools puts out a CD.

Key

Thanks, yes, I know. I have their 2004 CD, it's rather good.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

That seems to be a good reason for wanting to buy the CDs.

Under US copyright law, it is legal for someone to sell a book he purchased. (I.e. I can legally buy a used book rather than being forced to go to the publisher and buy a new one.) I believe it is exactly the same for a CD. So, even if Sully sells these CDs, it still would be legal (and ethical) for Matthew to buy a CD from a locksmith who owns one. If the CD (or a book) is "out of print", then there is no option other than to buy a used one.

What would be illegal, for a copyrighted work, is to keep the item one owns and *make* a copy to sell. But I don't see that Matthew is asking for that.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

Agreed.

A nitpick - the law doesn't disallow it - rather it says that the copyright owner has the right to control that, and so the copyright owner does this through the license - and can set the relevant "terms and conditions" for this use.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

I don't think it is different, I was just being careful not to say more than I'm sure of. I'm sure of this regarding books ("second sale doctrine"), and while I think it also applies to CDs, I haven't read about this specific application.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer