What's the brand of this deadbolt?

I was wondering if someone could identify the maker of this deadbolt? It has no identifyable markings on it, the key says Kwikset but it was rekeyed to match other locks.

Zachary3

Regardless of what your keys indicate, that is an older Arrow double-cylinder deadbolt...

Your other locks are most likely kwikset, and the KW-1 keyblank passes the standard Arrow AR-1 keyway...

Evan, ~~ formerly a maintenance man, now a college student...

Reply to
Evan

edge of the bolt. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Not necessarily Shiva --

The Arrow deadbolts are available with a round "drive-in" bolt that would have no names or markings on the side...

Evan, ~~ formerly a maintenance man, now a college student...

Reply to
Evan

That's what it has, a round drive in bolt. I knew it wasn't kwikset, the deadbolt was rekeyed to match the other locks. I was just curious of the brand. Thanks

Reply to
Zachary3

From what I can see, it's an Arrow. It's been a few years since I've worked on an Arrow double cylinder. I remember that to get the lock apart, I had to turn the inside key left a bit, and that uncovered the screw heads.

While they can be made to work on Kwikset, the pin spacing is different.

Nice quality lock. Hardly find them as good any more. The locks they sell now days aren't as good.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It does seem like a good solid one. As for the screws, on the interior the brass cover has been removed so the screw heads are visible, it doesn't bother me but that much though (or I would have replaced it)

Reply to
Zachary3