Your valued opinions please.

You stated an opinion obviously with little logical basis. I pointed that out. You asked for clarification on a point and got it. You also stated essentially that it didn't matter anyway to which I essentially asked why you bothered posting about it then, a logical question I think. You show your maturity by how you handle a little criticism.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Well the way I read all of it he found faulty logic in the irrational fear of contracting AIDS from casual contact...

As a Maintenance Man I can say that most locksmiths out there WOULD NOT trust 90% of the Maintenance workers out there to properly install a lock... I know from my own experience that many very successful and well certified carpenters and construction foremen out there possess little if any knowledge on how to PROPERLY install a lock... I have found countless locksets on construction barricades installed incorrectly...

As to your statement of a 'known infectious' area in a hospital -- are you speaking of an isolation ward ??? As far as 'special training' is concerned it is a 15 minute safety video for the benefit of the insurance company on Bloodbourne Pathogens... Seen it now at the last three jobs I have worked...

There are areas in any facility where 'outside' people are not allowed to go... Such areas as: boiler rooms, maintenance rooms, the security command center, etc... So it doesn't really matter the reason why a room or area is restricted, it is just the way that the facility operates...

I think that the point on transmission of AIDS has been made... You will not get it from a door knob unless that door knob has VERY fresh bodily fluids on it...

I like the way you put it in one of your posts "to put the locksmith in a situation he is not trained to deal with", so know you need training to deal with the facts of life??? Umm I have known since I was a grade schooler that you shouldn't touch blood or other bodily fluids from another person... I do agree with the assessment that some others here have made, from the way your write it does sound like you are much more like a sales rep or a manager of some kind than a working locksmith...

To put your question about figures for the likelihood of being in a car accident vs. becoming infected with AIDS to rest I will ask you this...

How many people do you swap bodily fluids with on a daily basis ??? Ok... Now ask yourself how many THOUSANDS of cars you share the road with on that same daily basis... To use a line of thought I heard during the National Security Advisor's televised testimony today, You personally can be safe

100% of the time driving, but it only takes someone else being unsafe in a close proximity to you ONCE for you to get in an accident with THEM... If you find fault with that logic being applied to the argument at hand then you are ill prepared for life in the outside world...

As I said before, I feel that Steve was looking for someone here in this newsgroup to post something along the lines of how he was personally feeling about this to justify his opinion and he could therefore feel better about his position on this issue...

On a personal note, I would gladly accept such an offer for work... I would treat that job at the boarding house just like any other... And I feel that handling the situation with such a calm and professional manner I would be able to create and maintain a continuing business relationship with the organization... Like I said in one of my previous posts on this issue if one of these boarding houses or hospices finds a contractor/vendor to provide services without the 'attitude' that they will get infected just from being in the same building with people that have AIDS, they will spread the word amongst the others and it might bring in more business to that contractor... Never snub your nose at business EVER... It is quite often a small world and you would be surprised at how many people know each other twice removed through various friends and most if not all talk about things among those friends... How do you think a bunch of people who work around AIDS patients will be talking about that locksmith that came in to install or re-key locks with the huge box of latex gloves (which locksmiths shouldn't use anyway, you should use poly gloves because latex breaks down when it comes in contact with grease or oil...) and a can of disinfectant... Is that the public image you want to put forth into the world ???

Just think about it...

Evan the Maintenance Man

Reply to
Evan

disinfectant...

Reply to
Slice

don't follow it.

you should learn to take criticism ! we have enough trolling around here.

Reply to
Key

Yes, I admit to knowing very little on the subject of aids, until now that is. Thankyou all for your input on the subject. I am yet to here back from the manager of this establishment anyhow, so it looks like the subject will be a hypothetical. Cheers.

Reply to
Steve Paris

Fine if your a supplier. If you are a locksmith? Why would you cut yourself out of the installation? Not to mention it was quite clear why you wanted to outsource the installation. A rather pathetic and irrational fear of catching something. BTW the faulty logic was with regard to your saying you would leave the installation to a maintenance man for reasons of hygene as though the maintenance man would somehow magically have fewer germs to spread around than the locksmith would. I'm still waiting to hear your resoning on that one.

Umm in this case because it makes sense. BTW if the whole thing doesn't make any difference anyway as you stated earlier why are you still posting on it????

Since you keep babbling out this same baseless accusation about sock puppets why don't you post just what "fake name" you think I post under? Of course you can't since you don't know what you're talking about but go ahead make a fool out of yourself.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Yeah that too. But also with his statement about using a maintenance man instead of a locksmith in order to somehow minimize the germs brought into the place as though the welfare of the patients were somehow his concern. As though the maintenance man would magically pose less a threat to the immune compromised than the locksmith.

Nothing against maintenance workers but especially when it's a MK system being installed. Sure you could pin it up offsite but then each lock would still have to go where it belonged based on how it was pinned. I don't know any locksmith who would be stupid enough to blindly trust this to some third party irregardless of what their job title was.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

It's great advice alright, on how to cut yourself out of a lot of money in labor charges.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Ah he isn't trolling. Just way too touchy.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Ah should have been Aww or something like that.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

you may be correct ? sorry "Slice"... just been so much trolling lately.

Reply to
Key