Aluminum Battery?

Could someone please give their informed feedback on whether this outfit is onto something real, or whether it's just a bunch of fake
hype?
http://www.europositron.net /
They claim to have developed some nano-scale method to treat aluminum to avoid oxidation, so that it can be used to make batteries with 20 times the energy density of Lithium-Ion.
Is this for real, or is this just yet another scam?
I never knew Aluminum was even a candidate for battery material. I think I remember reading about some Vanadium compound once -- for something called a flow cell -- but I never heard anything about Aluminum.
The site doesn't give any direct information on the electrochemistry of this aluminum battery.
Here's some site I got thru google, that briefly talks about Aluminum electrochemistry:
http://www.ectechnic.co.uk/alumair.html
So, is it safe to say that it's not the energy density of Aluminum as a battery material that's in doubt, but it's the side-reactions with hydrogen that are entirely to blame for its lack of wider appeal?
How would one stop the hydrogen corrosion? Any ideas?