Angles between 2 crystal planes for non-cubic metals?

Hi All,

I'm trying to find the equation for calculating angles between 2 crystal planes for non-cubic metals. (Sn, for example, is body centered tetragonal.) Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeff S

Hi All,

I'm trying to find the equation for calculating angles between 2 crystal planes for non-cubic metals. (Sn, for example, is body centered tetragonal.) Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeff S

Yes.

Find the angle between the two normals to the respective planes.

Jim

Reply to
jbuch