Epoxy resins in pharma environment?

Hello,

I want to apply a coating made of epoxy resins on several parts in a machine environment that (as it will be used in pharmaceutical production) has to fullfill the strict regulations of GMP and, especially, the US FDA.

Does anybody know, if this kind of coating is applicable for pharma/ food production? Or is it banned because of outgassing, cross-contamination or whatsoever?

Thanks,

Prusti

snipped-for-privacy@gmx.net

Reply to
Prusti

For food contact you can check here:

even if a material is approved, you must check with manufacturer in case there are ingredients not disclosed that are not approved. In any case, you will have to ask manufacturer if material is suitable for end use. FDA rules for food contact and drugs are different. I am unsure how far the drug rules extend into machinery used in production. I do know they apply to packinging pharmaceuticals. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo