morphology of a fiber

I am a mechanical engineer trying to learn some basic materials stuff. If you wanted to study the morphology of any given fiber, how would you begin? Do u disperse the fibers in a solvent and then dry it off so that the fibers are separated and then u can look at the fibers using microscopy?

Reply to
slpammi

In this case, its look like witch you want make some mix with poly fibers?

Tell me more, pls. My work is make mix of fibers (naturals and sintetic with plaster.

Reply to
Mr Linhares MSc.

Depends on the kind of fiber. For help you may want to consult a reference work such as "A Color Atlas of Fibers" by Graff.

Reply to
Doug