Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

High Temperature, Temporary Adhesive, Clear Transparent, comply with FDA
Dear All , I am looking for a temporary adhesive, clear transparent (do not change color and remain clear when heated), tolerate high temperatures up to 600 fahrenheit long hours, sticks glass to...
2
2

fiberglass insulation made in 1930; Museum of insulation???
I was reading about insulations and found out that fiberglass was first mass produced in 1930. Is that correct or is that just a gross guess of the first mass produced fiberglass. I was wondering if...
28
28

Polymers-Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites
Dear Guys; In fact I work on PMMA-CNT nanocomposite. Actually I faced with a problem! If you have same experience would you please help me!? As you know DMF is a great solvent for CNTs and PMMA, but I...

Adhesives recomendation
All, I am looking for some recommendations on low modulus, low shrinkage adhesives for bonding glass and metal. Epoxy, cement, RTV's are all viable choices. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
2
2

nanoparticle production for Si
anyone know of any good resources for production of Si nanoparticles in the 5nm or less range which has the capacity to allow doping to be added during the formation?
1
1

A Recommended Book for A Naive to Learn Material Science
Hi, I am a naive to the material science field. Is there anyone could recommend a book for me to start with? Actually, I am studying which material could block the mageteic force line. Tks in advance....
2
2

Commercial lab for elastic property measurements
Does anyone know of a commercial lab, preferably in the US, that can measure the elastic properties of metals by the speed-of-sound (resonance) method, as opposed to a tensile test? Thanks, Joe
1
1

Work function of different materials
I am looking for a good source of information on the work function of transition metal and their oxides/nitrides. I am also interested in a comprehensive list for normal metals. Also, is there some...
3
3

Any known methods for testing impact properties of thin composites?
Are there any known methods for characterizing really thin composites (0.8mm thickness) for their impact properties? The charpy method doesn't seem very viable, nor does Izod.
1
1

Funding survey
is conducting a survey regarding current funding sources to educational labs in science, engineering, medicine, technology education, vocational education, and computing. If you are an educator or...

Need resistivity and activation energy for thermal consuction.
Can anyone help me by providing the resistivity and the acivation energy for thermal conduction of PbO thin film? If possible please send the references also. Hope to hear from you. please mail me at

Piezoelectric
any good amterial to study piezoelectric phenomenon in detail.. Any e-book ,paper are most welcomed...thanks in advance who like to help kristo
1
1

Resources for lead free solders
Hello, I'm contemplating on working on a undergrad project on development and charecterisation of lead free solders. Could you suggest books, articles and websites which have matter related to this?...
4
4

Composite Materials for Instrument Cases, Attache Cases, Laptop Cases
Dear Group, I am a violinist very interested in potential use of composite materials as the exoskeleton of the case. I have been reading some of the groups, and am a bit confused about carbon fiber...
1
1

question on polyurethane foams
Hi everyone, I am new in this field. I was wondering if anyone can give me an example of the detailed composition of the foam? e.g. what is used as blowing agent and catalyst? Thank you. any tips or...
3
3