Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Platinum heater
Measure the current. Are they failing by over-current, because the overall resistance is too high ? Or are they failing by localised over-heating, which is probably caused by a small region of high...
1
1

Questions on PETE
I have some plastic soda bottles (polyethylene terephthalate) which I would like to convert to flat panels for a project. I have cut some up and tried to glue them in place flattened out, but their...
3
3

Re: Properties of melted tire rubber
Thank you! This does help. All of the documents I had found which referred to "melted" recycled tire rubber were from the New Jersey government's files, so I'm thinking it's terminological sloppiness...

Need polar STP supercritical phase
Is there an STP supercritical? It would have to be contained anyway, I know. But anything near STP, and polar, would make a great parts cleaner. Yours, Doug Goncz, Replikon Research, Seven Corners, VA...

help:simulation of crack propagation in concrete
hello friends, i am masters student from germany,i am doing my thesis in the simulation of crack propagation in concrete using itasca software.i am facing some problems in finding the logic for...

tensile strength or shape modification due electrical current
Do anyone here had listen something about any material having a condition of increasing or decreasing tensile strength due a electrical current applied to it? Or, any material with modification of...
2
2

HELP-Synthesis Issue
I need to learn how to make Tb oxide. I have metallic Tb that I have been firing @ ~(1000-1100)°C for a while to oxidze it. This is working well, but the question is which oxide(s) I may be forming....

Artificial Diamond
I seem to recall Uncle Al was working on making inexpensive Diamonds using "Devil Solvent", seems like two commercially viable approaches are already there: how the diamond market will react? Mark
2
2

Paradox of Connors & Berczik > Any technological forecasting ?
It is a bitter irony that a spineless coward Zoltan Berczik sort of pioneered the real top spin revolution & what happened between 71 & 79. Berczik, supposedly a 3 time Euro TT Champ with the heaviest...

handle on pots, rivets & strength
I have a Wolfgang Puck 6 liter pot with 2 handles and I am guessing the fastener is called a rivet. Two rivets for each handle. What I am concerned about is what material metal are those rivets for...
14
14

What P stand for?
Often, the letter P is used to designate force. I wonder what P is abbreviated from. Thank you.
7
7

residual stress measurement by x-ray diffraction
How can I calculate residual stress in X-ray diffraction? I'm not only have a problem with the mathematical model but also have a problem with very limit literature source. Is there anybody can give...
4
4

Energy absorption of foam
Hi, I am faced with a little problem. I have a pyramid (or another shape) in foam. I know its impact compression (stress-strain curve) and as a consequence the energy it can absorb. Now, the problem:...
3
3

Painting PVC pipes
Can anyone recommend which paint to use to paint PVC pipes? The paint should be as durable as possible. Thanks, Chuck
3
3

SciHelp, LLC - Quality Software Solutions for Advanced Research
SciHelp, LLC offers top-tier technical consulting and custom software development services for advanced scientific research and engineering applications. Special areas of research expertise include...