Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

intake air heater for diesel engine
The following request for suggestions comes from an engineering school dropout and experienced hobbyist mechanic. I'd like to make an air heater for the intake of a diesel engine to help with starting...
7
7

2D interpolation on a FE trinagular mesh
Hello out there! I am testing an interface between fluid flow (groundwater) and a soil deformation FE-model. Due to differences in the constitutive laws there are different discretization requirements...
2
2

Atlantis Hotel in Dubai
Modern Architecture & Design news new websites in Modern Architecture & Design news Modern Architecture & Design news Free Download AutoCAD ArchiCAD 2d 3d DWG details - blocks and 3ds max...
1
1

Research assistantship in neuroimaging
PhD in Neuroimaging, Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica (Taipei) Research team at the Institute of Statistical Science, Academia Sinica seeks applicants for graduate research...

Wind Turbine Generators
Anyone ever hear of this company and if so, is there any validity to their product or claims? Could prove interesting development in Wind Turbines. They claim they have anew generator whic inreases...
7
7

Linear Actuators/Screws
I've been wanting to build an XYC CNC machine for a while for various projects(mainly drilling precise holes(at least 1mil accuracy). I can't seem to find any prices for such machines but I imagine...
6
6

Google Buying Micro Drone Startup
At you can watch terrorists build bombs in real time. 't this just a logical extension of current communications technology? First DoD eliminates conventional warfare with the internet and now they...
1
1

Dubai Tower tallest skyscraper in the world
Dubai Tower or=93 Burj Dubai =94 is a supertall skyscraper in the new downtown of Dubai city,United Arab Emirates. This skyscraper currently under construction since April 2005, When it is completed...

Re: IMF ja IPCC
*Selailin tuossa liki 2v. takaisia juttujani mehiläiskadon vääjäämättömästä mekanismista. Täytyy sanoa, että vaikka silloin näytti monesta olevan ampiaiskato vain minun esittämä...

Ansys - Patran cooperation
Hi! I've got a project where geometry and mesh had been done in Ansys, while client wishes to do the calculations in Patran. Is there any way of sending all the data (or at least geometry, mesh and...
3
3

Mathematica 7 is now available
Wolfram Research announced Mathematica 7, a major release that accelerates the drive to integrate and automate functionality as core Mathematica capabilities, adding image processing, parallel...

testing of hydraulic cylinder
hi people out there, currently i got a few hydraulic cylinders which i wanted to test but i can't seems to get any infomation on the testing spects, i am quite new to hydraulic systems. just wondering...
1
1

Re: Is Your Local Community College Library Well Stocked With Heat, Mass & Momentum Transfer?
You chumps have exactly thirty (30) days to stock the stacks. Now what part of "transport" do you NOT understand? Bret Cahill ssandmomentumtransfer and a recent handbook onheat

dissipation due to heat conduction
What is the dissipation due to heat conduction? D =3D -k . grad T . q / T where q is the heat flux, k is the coefficient of heat conduction What is the physical meaning of this? Bal=E1zs Pere
1
1

International Conference on thermophysical characterisation and inverse problems (ICTCIP2009)
Dear Colleague, We are pleased to invite you to attend the International Conference on thermophysical characterisation and inverse problems, ICTCIP2009, to be held April 25 to 27, 2009 in Sousse, a...