Desktop PC CFD software

I am looking for a cheaper alternative to Solvent 1.0 but with similar capabilities.

Does anyone have any suggestions for reasonable PC-runnable software?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

this quote is from Stuart of Wed, 08 Oct 2003 01:51 :

You might find something useful here ...

I'm looking for the same sort of thing. adfc looks reasonable, but I can't afford the GID front end for it.
Let us know if you find anything useful (and it needs to run on Linux /

*nix, please).

HTH

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Thanks for the links...it's a difficult search, isn't it? There are higher level packages that can be optimised for desktop use or parallel processing, but they aren't really in what you might call a desktop budget.

I'm still trawling for product literature and pricing information...not to mention training...

Good luck!

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart