Terminology of machine elements

I'm looking for the web-site which supplies the terminologies and explanation of machine elements, such as Rivet, York... If someone knows it, Please inform me of that.

Thanks.

Reply to
jangyong

"jangyong" wrote .

Unless the terms are very uncommon, I would first look up a good machine elements or machinery textbook. Check the names under the index pages of the book.

From the internet, if the term has only one word, you can use Google

Say you want the meaning of 'chuck', a part of a lathe. At the Google homepage, you key in "define:chuck". This will give you many explanations from which you look for those relating to the machine element 'chuck'.

(By the way, I think you mean 'yoke' rather than 'york'.)

Reply to
John C