Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

heat load tables
hello all, does anyone know websites where i can obtain tables on heat emission from electric equipments (lightings, pc etc...) and heat emission from human bodies doing different activities. i've...
1
1

Torque versus power
Hi, It would be kind if you could solve a difference of opinnion that my friend and I have! We are out of arguments and since then, our discussion goes nowhere. The difference of opinion is about...
16
16

Brunnenpumpe
Hi alle, Hat vielleicht jemand von euch einen Brunnen zur Gartenbewässerung, Klospülung etc., möglicherweise (nicht unbedingt) mit einer Pumpe von Grundfos und einer Steuereinheit, die sich...
2
2

Re: Autocad 2000
you are trying to feed in a list of coordinates at one go? as far as i know autocad doesn't accept those. i don't know any other ways of entering those coordinates. hmm you can ask pple at they might...

Mechanical Designers $200,000 - $2,000,000 per project!
Your skills are worth a lot more than you think. You should register yourself and your Mechanical Design skills in the Design /Engineering / Technical professional database of Invent2win Competitive...

vibration - need a non-engineering explaination
I'm looking for a textbook or paper(s) which explains vibration, fundamental frequency (s), harmonics, and modes in non-engineering terms. I do not need all the mathematical background. The problem is...
4
4

Pillow block bearings
I've been searching for a good site that shows pix of all the different permutations and combinations of ball bearings in different housings, like pillow blocks. I am after some cheapies for about a...
3
3

Re: crack open a rusted nut with an impact wrench, from one tank of air?
I really hate top posting. dropped from the list. This is a simple wrencher's problem. send me email if necessary as I don't read the other groups. My answers are interspersed in the text. Grant...
3
3

Standard for Countersunk
Hello, I am looking for the American Standard for Countersunks. I found the standards for the screws (like ASME 18.6.3-1998). But I want to know how big/deep the thru hole for this screws should be....
10
10

what is it?
At this site you will find a picture of a focault pendulum clock that has a cone shaped piece of metal from a hydroelectric generating station. nThe metal is 'said' to be really hard, but it has been...
5
5

Tyre seal
i went to a farm field day and saw this bloke selling some stuff that sealed a puncture immediately as the tyre rotated. It had some sort of fibre in it and a gooey stuff. Anyone got any ideas how it...
2
2

Help on diffpack
Is there anyone familiar with FEM in diffpack?

diffpack
I am using diffpack at the moment to model deformable mirrors. But I've had no experience with diffpack before. I've run into problems with it. The most important one is I can't get the d2N function...

Re: AGMA equivalent system in China
GuoBiao really mean national standard. It's internal standard in China. I think the best way of ensuring qualities is to visit the factory that makes it. And get some random samples tested elsewhere.

Vacuum cleaner design
Can anyone help me with a design for an outdoor vacuum cleaner . I would like to make it simple. My plan is to adapt a four stroke lawn mower which can be installed in trailer with a hose leading off...
1
1