Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Suspect Calculators
A lot of on line physics and engineering calculators are suspect and many get pulled as soon as I present them as being "interesting" or "fun." (I never diss a free calculator.) The drag on a sphere...

Request for advice regarding the manufacture of an adjustable spring anchor
Hi everyone, I have uploaded a small 19KB .GIF file to rapidshare showing a drawing of a simple adjustable spring anchor I am making from a 10-32 screw. Here is the download link... the drawing, an...
14
14

Request for help finding a 1/4-32 or 1/4-40 screw, or threaded rod stock
Hi Everyone, Can anyone please tell me where I can find some 1/4-32 or 1/4-40 screws about 1.8" long. I can cut down a longer screw. I don't need a head on the screw, so I could cut the head off, or...
3
3

Compact Gear Boxes - Nodal Optimisation
What are compact gear boxes? Where are they used in machine tools? What does nodal optimization of compact gearbox means? I carried out a search on google as well as yahoo but without success. Any...

Problem with a fan controling by the inverter ;/
Hi! I've got, I believe, an easy problem that I can't solve ;/ My situation look like this: an air flow through the fan is controlled now by the guide ring. A fan works in its normal rotation,...

Entropy On A Psychrometric Chart
I found a neat calculator of dubious functionality, I'm having trouble finding a psychrometric chart with entropy and isochoric lines. Bret Cahill

Bernulli Effect
I was thinking about the Bernulli effect, where the pressure of a fluid in motion decreases as the velocity increases. I can understand that some characteristic has to decrease in order to not have an...
13
13

gyro power generator
Hi sp, sem! Is it possible to build an electricity generator that is driven by the relative rotation between a gyro and earths rotation with their axes being perpendicular? Would it be hard to get...
6
6

GASIFICATION
i was lookin for some info about bio mass gasification ... the basics of the process and the chemical reactions and the thermodynamics of the process... can anyone help me with some material???
1
1

list of wheels
hi, Is there any website/book that gives the comprehensive list of wheel rim dimensions,rim types of all the automobiles.I tried google but i find only specific manufacturer's help.

Liquid Heat Pipe Design, Orientation & Wicking Material
i am looking for some Senior Technical Guidance from a physicist and/or engineer and/or anybody that is knowledgeable about heat pipe design ... or has taken a hack-saw to a high quality heat pipe....
7
7

Inspect Thread Rolling
Dear, All I have no experience of thread rolling. I want to know how to inspect thread rolling. Material : stainless steel Tensile strength : over 1070Mpa 1. NDT Is it mandatory to inspect flaw using...
1
1

Welding Titanium
I am going to attempt to Tig weld some titanium. What I have read thus far indicates it is critical to weld in an Argon atmosphere so I have made a little manifold to flood the entire piece in Argon....
2
2

FxT2 Material
Anyone ever heard of this material? I presume it's some metal alloy - the PHB poked his head into my office and said, "Find out what you can about this material." I've found _one_ reference to it on...
5
5

About the concept of NDI, NSHR, NTENS
Hi, I am new to abaqus/umat, and there are some problems about the meaning of NDI, NSHR, NTENS,DDSDDE. I found below in the abaqus online document. NDI is Number of direct components NSHR is Number of...