electrospray metals

Group,
Anyone here can comment on use of ceramic or saphire nozzles/inserts for
powder metallurgy castings? The application of the metal is in casting
high speed turbines. The metal alloy is 718 and 720.
I'm told that ceramics have "pull-outs" that get incorporated into the
melt and once cast can be a source of failure due to crack propogation.
Thanks,
boer
Reply to
boer
Boer, sorry coudn't catch where you need to use of ceramic nozzle - for powder metallurgy (?) or for casting. Clarify, please. Nick "boer" ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????: news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...
Reply to
Metal
Casting molten metal alloy into powder less than 40um particle size. The experiments are to determine whether the cost of sieving can be eliminated.
boer
Reply to
boer
You mean nozzle for prelinimary cleaving ( splitting) of the liquid metal spurt before atomizing? I used the green carbon silicide nozzle, for liquid steel preliminary disintegration ( more 1600°C). But elektrospraying? I think you need the capacity more that 1 farade. How?
"boer" ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????: news:8pOdnQ-IePblad snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...
eliminated.
Reply to
Metal
I'm still interested on the ceramics issue. Original post on alloy and ceramic inclusions as the cause of crack generation. To answer your question, "how" we use high voltages (>)100KV with mA currents. Nozzle orifices from 50micron to 5mm in understanding issues of charge induction vs. charge injection.
boer
Reply to
boer

Site Timeline