anyone own or use one of these plasma cutters

I've been thinking i could use a plasma cutter for some sheetmetal work (14ga-20ga) anything larger and i can grind it or oxy-acetylene it. Plasma cutters seem to vary quite a bit as far as price goes. Although I would prefer a fancy-smancy one, i'm not sure how much use it would get. I scouted out the HF special which is made by firepower (i think victor is the company??) anyway here's a link:

$599.00 and i can get free shipping. If anyone has used this cutter let me know if it's halfway decent or not. if there is a better choice for a few dollars more, i am all ears. thanks in advance, walt

Reply to
wallsterr

I haven't used one but the manual from the HF site indicates that it's actually built by Thermal Dynamics and a quick check of the manual for their Drag-Gun tells me they're the same unit.

Compare the 2nd page and the parts breakdowns of both.

I was at an auction last week where there was a well used Drag-Gun for sale and I had a chance to talk to the owner. He used it only on sheet metal and said it worked great.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

I wish I could remember for sure. I think it was about $400 + 10% buyer's premium plus tax.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Keith, that's good info. It definiatly looks the same to me. How much did the used one fetch... just curious. walt

Reply to
wallster