Purchasing lathe

I am thinking about purchasing a small bench lathe to turn rotors, make bushings, spacers, and some other different things. I would like to purchase a really good, in detail book about lathe operation. Like a all-in-one book on machining with a lathe. Thanks for any advice

Reply to
John Robertson

No advice from me, just a good ol' cross posting. ;) (what CPing is really good for?)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

South Bend's "How To Run A Lathe" under $10 from Lindey Books But forget about turning a brake rotor on a standard engine lathe. It takes a dedicated machine - or less than $10 each at your local parts store. Use the lathe for bushings & spacers.

Reply to
Rex