Latest threads in Metallurgy discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Surface Cast for Roughness Measurement
Hi, I need to be able to take a surface cast of a piece of machinery, in a location where I won't be able to take any roughness measuring equipment. I need to be able to take the measurements off the...
3
3

Thanks, please read more details, if You wish
The fact is that we can sometimes produce the copper rod with good quality. But the casting speed is very law(about 10-15 cm/min). Besides, when using this law speed of casting, the quality may be...

Gas Jet Sizing
Hi, Could someone tell me how are gas burner (as on stoves) jets sized? They usually have a number such as 28 or 35 stamped onto them, but what is it an index of? Is that number the jet hole diameter...

Welding AISI 430
Hello, We have a pot of AISI430 which contains nitric melted salt at temperature of about 260 °C. the shape of the section is a "reverse omega", something like this: __ __ |__| Dimension are: 200mm...
1
1

How Many Times Can a Component Be Repaired by Hardsurfacing?
Hi! We sucessively repaired hot leveller rollers several times along the years using hardsurfacing processes. However, the useful life of these components dramatically fall after the lattest repairs....
2
2

Tombasil
Does anyone know where I can buy Tombasil alloy in Europe? thanks
7
7

Threaded cast Al seized into threaded cast Al
Hi Everyone, After flipping through my old engineering textbooks, I thought I'd ask you guys for a quick and dirty practical answer. I have two pieces of cast aluminum with mating machined threads....
4
4

Designing alloys using the actual shapes of the atoms
The periodicity of the atomic elements reveals them to be crystalline associations of identical regular octahedra. The shapes of the atoms and how they join are shown on a research engineer, studying...
6
6

Problems in removing Nitric from Aqua Regia
Before Pt can be precipitated from an Aqua Regia solution -- (using Ammonium Chloride) -- the Nitric acid must first be removed by repeated evaporations with HCl. This process is very time consuming,...
2
2

Searching for Technical Information about a 5-Hi Skinpass Mill
Hi! I am a rolling engineer at COSIPA, an integrated steelworks near São Paulo, Brazil. I am searching for technical information and practical operational data about 5-Hi skin-pass mills. As far as I...

prices and forecast
Hi, do you Know where I could have some information (on line) about prices and trend of metals (steel), forecast etc...?. Thanks
1
1

Re: Learn Electrics On-line Free
your dad was a fool! http://www.metalbashatorium.com http://www.sea.siemens.com/step/default.html

Re: Physical Properties of stainless steels.
Hi, If you are UK based, we may be able to help. Just forward the query to National Metals Technology Centre Q Block Swinden Technology Centre Moorgate Road Rotherham S60 3AR Tel +44 (0)1709 724990...

Re: Phisical Properties of stainless steels.
Look for 'Stahlschlüssel' HTH Michael Dahms
1
1

cast iron
Hi all. I have a problem. I must make an experiment with cast iron to estimate it's metallurgical quality. In some book, I found, that metallurgical quality is defined as relation of Rm and HB. After...
1
1