Subject Author Posted Replies

Old time machine shop
Texas style. Remove 333 to reply. Randy
3

OT: What shop use would you suggest for hundreds of Insulin syringes with no needles?
What shop use would you suggest for hundreds of Insulin syringes with no needles? The BD 50 cc syringes I use have removable needles so I pop them off after I use them to reduce the amount of 'SHARPS'...
18
18

Flange in shim stock
I want to take a piece of .030 brass shim stock, put a hole in the center, then press the material around the hole to make a flange. Finished hole opening is .6". It will then be used to slide over a...

Denham lathe pictures
[IMG] at the back of the lathe [IMG] Denham makers name [IMG] view towards tailstock [IMG] General view towards headstock http://www.polytechforum.com/img/2x/IMG...

Details for a Denham lathe c1900-1910
I have recently aquired a very old Denham lathe which Tony of tells me is from around 1900 but unfortunately he doesn't have any manuals. Looking at pictures on the net those Denham lathes look...
2
2

locking collar
I need to remove a pair of 2" diameter bearings on pillow blocks. Way back when my sprayer was built, they put the locking collar on the inside. That way, a farmer wouldn't take it apart! Any...
5
5

A Very Light Car
This one has it by over 100 lb. (900 lb.) Lotus 6. 1952. Nice aluminum work, too. File:Lotus6.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
141
141

Why are thread mills so expensive anyway?
Physically they are a comparable size and material quantity as a similar tap or similarly sized end mill, only the geometry of them is really different. Since all these tools are presumably produced...
7
7

cutting simple parts on lathe
I've been making some parts out of 1/2" aluminum rod which get turned down to 0.200 for 3/8" of an inch, and the end chopped off. they need to look pretty and the fillet has to not be gouged out. What...
12
12

plastic shear screws
Last year, I was air blast spraying the orchard, got out of position when turning and caught the spayer head on a three inch tree branch. Broke the head right off the machine. Imovable object meets...
10
10

Strut/channel foot?
Does Superstrut or other strut/channel system make a 90-degree segment that can be used as a foot? This shelf system from Ikea is similar to what I'm trying to do in my lab with my existing collection...
3
3

BBQ paint
"Steve B" fired this volley in news:kioo5i$nfl$1 Willy Wonka had something to say about statements like that! You didn't say what the underlying metal was, but if you have a way to actually bring the...
1
1

Update on 787 Battery Problems
I just read the 18 March 2013 issue of Aviation Week. On pages 28-29, there are two articles on the 787 battery investigation results and proposed fixes. What caught my eye, and apparently that of the...
24
24

Design Q: O-rings as wipers? Fuzzy O-rings?
I know o-rings are used in hydraulics as seals, wipers. But what about in a dry environment? Imagine a 3/4" sq bar freely sliding inside a square tube, nominal 3/4" id, with the id smooth but...
18
18

Madness at the gun show
20,000 people looking for ammo. Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year. There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets. Magazines are sold out. Ruger, the...
63
63