#3 Morse Taper Hand Drill?!?

Gunner Asch on Tue, 13 Jul 2010 23:53:12 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Truth is stranger than Fiction. Fiction has to be plausible.
"Doest thou believe it? "Struth, but twere played out upon a stage, I would not."
Lines from Hamlet as a 'plot device' works out.
pyotr
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
The auger bit or the drill motor? My drill motor cost me $2, but I did replace the power cord, after I peeled off the 11 patches of duct tape. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
The auger drill. The drill motor should have been smelted at birth.
I'm a bit surprised. The prices for them haven't risen all that much, ~$15-25 apiece. Still, I don't suppose ruining one would endear one to his boss. It didn't for me anyway.:)
Reply to
John Husvar
Most likely they have Morse tapered drill bits and would rather use them instead of buying new 1/2” shanked bits.
Reply to
Bret