Subject Author Posted Replies

Cleaning large amounts of dirty brass
Stuff is 7.62 x 51 Cavim. Has so much asphaltum "sealer" that it will lock up the HK in 2-3 rounds. Switching to WCC or R-P commercial ammo and firing 2-3 rounds wil "clear" the bore of the sealer,...
7
7

The Datsun Roadster Painted!
Been 7 years of hard rebuilding since it looked like a car. you want to see the entire project: food and water along. JR Dweller in the cellar...
8
8

Strange stuff found on the net
THe periodic table of swearing... This domain may be for sale!
1
1

OT: Possible RCM poster is Australia?
Does anyone know if this individual was a poster to RCM? He would appear to fit right in... drunk man who climbed into a crocodile enclosure in Australia and attempted to ride a 5m (16ft) long...

Scarfing with O/A
Hello all, Im new to the forum but I could really use a little help. After putting a piece of plate steel in just the wrong place I'm obligated to remove it and re-attatch. Its flat welded to 3/16...
9
9

Drill/tap a cat-40 toolholder?
Awl -- For 3/16 endmills, sandvik. Dat toolholer is so hard.... HOW HARD IS IT?? It's so hard, I cain't hardly SPOT it, much less drill/tap it.... The old set screw/hole is gone... and I mean...
12
12

#3 Morse Taper Hand Drill?!?
I'm in the industrial drilling industry and struggling to understand why would someone want a MT3 equipped, electrically powered hand drill... guess there are indeed legitimate needs for it, but......
23
23

paint or undercoating
I am taking apart my trailer to replace the wood bed. I took a wire cup brush to the metal. I wanted to coat it before putting the treated wood back on. WOuld spray undercoating or oil based...
6
6

Precision hole drilling
Making of encoder mounting plates requires several accurately drilled holes. I already made one plate and it seems to work, but I had some problems/issues with placing holes precisely. The material is...
45
45

Cheap die sets
I have to make ten news dies mounted on die sets. My usual supplier has closed shop. Most dies will fit on rear two post sets in the 6"-8" range. I do see used ones at the local used machine vendor...

Hokoed up a PC to the mill
Sorry for a lousy picture. cable is next for tonight. i
22
22

Workshop brick work water proofing - almost OT
Guys, I've got a 30' x 15' workshop with moisture problems. Its got solid clay single brick walls (quite porous), a concrete slab floor and a metal deck roof. I've lined the roof with 50mm polystyrene...
9
9

Ebay and the state of machining
Ive been browsing Ebay...Ive been looking for a 12" Cadillac height gage...and of the 300+ items for sale...there are about (7) bidders. And those are bidding on the .99c items We are not doing very...
56
56

fa: nice little lubrication pump (coolant? maybe it will do coolant?) or tapping oil
anyone need a nice little lubrication pump - could also use it for cutting oil for a tapping machine, or maybe coolant or oil on a small mill or lathe (like a sherline?)

CNC air regulator?
I'm working on a design for a machine that will make a number of different yet similar products. There will be 2 servos and a stepper to do the bull work yet there is one air cylinder that will...
14
14