Subject Author Posted Replies

laser layout optimumization
I just got off the phone with "the kid". He's moved jobs again. he's now programmer - engineer - lead for the laser and CNC press brake department. There are four CNC lasers running 24 X 6+. Among the...
17
17

Can bearings be directional?
I called an internet supplier about a riding mower bearing - long story. When I gave him the existing part number it included a NL in the identification. He proceeded to tell me that meant it was...
3
3

wishbone drill bit sharpener
I came across this thread: #4 has a pic of a wishbone drill bit sharpening kit. I'd like to just buy one. A Google search turned up zip. Anybody know of a source? Karl
1
1

The deal of a lifetime!! GLOAT!!!
A friend of my Dad's is moving after retiring and used to be a Mopar buff... He is moving to a retirement community and he was cleaning out his garage and called me knowing I had a start-up engine...
30
30

Welding is very dangerous
Especially when a hot piece of metal goes down your pants and lands right on your dick. Yes, this happened, and it was extremely painful.
60
60

Group question
On my barbecue, it came with several plastic fasteners. They look like a bolt, but with the shaft made up of a split arrow head. It holds together two pieces of sheet metal, and is used by simply...
10
10

Dore-Westbury Vertical Milling Machine Help
I have recently bought a second hand Adcock & Shipley Model No OC horizontal milling machine, which has been fited with a Dore-Westbury Light Vertical Milling Machine Head. I would like to locate some...
2
2

Pictures from a flood today
Our town was very mildly flooded today, here are some pictures. Picture Index
24
24

swivel vs fixed casters for welder cart?
I'm designing a cart for a Miller DialArc HF plus Miller TIG cooler unit. I just wanted to hear if you guys would use 4 swivel casters or 2 swivel and 2 fixed, and why. Grant
36
36

HF tubing roller
I've been meaning to build a tubing roller for some time, but just never got around to it. And the big problem of the rollers: expensive stock & tricky to turn. But HF now has one for $180: has...
3
3

Buying Band saw- advice needed- mild steel cutting
Hi I am looking to buy a Band saw or scroll saw to use cutting aluminium and mild steel, sheet and tube. Silverline do a 350 W band saw with a 14 tpi blade for =A385 but I cant find any information...
27
27

Speeds when facing
If you are facing a 5" diameter work in a lathe do you increase the RPMs as you near the center?
17
17

"Nobody Beats Harbor Freight on Quality and Value"
Subject line quoted from their latest ad. ROTFLMAO
11
11

OT: For balance
Commentary by Lt. Col. Mark Murphy 354th Maintenance Group deputy commander 8/15/2008 - EIELSON AIR FORCE BASE, Alaska -- I learned a big lesson on service Aug. 4, 2008, when Eielson had the rare...
2
2

Help with computer
Gents, It's no secret that I know very little about computers. I have a problem that just reared its head---and I'm completely stymied. When I double click on one of my files in My Documents (Windows...
10
10