Subject Author Posted Replies

Well quit - trouble shooting
SWMBO is NOT HAPPY. The well just quit running and we've got no water. its a standard submersible unit. Folks with a good memory know that I installed new wiring out to the unit about a month ago....
18
18

Small welding blanket
I would like to buy a small welding blanket (maybe 5x5 or so). The purpose of it would be shielding flammable stuff from welding spatter. I am a little dazzled by various choices, for example on...
8
8

Question about CNC lathes
This just for my curiosity, I'm not about to go CNC. I assume that the lead screw is controlled independently of the spindle, with its own motor, not through a spindle-linked gearbox. Or, is it linked...

wrong way butch
A shop safety film from the fifty's on TCM. It was on this morning. The bandsaw part was scary. Don't see a repeat today. It was nothing new to us. Just makes you pay a bit more attention and not get...

bond foam rubber
packing line repair time... My better half is trying to bond soft foam rubber to steel. She tried gorilla glue today and it don't look good. What works best? Karl
19
19

Where In The World Is Iggy?
Hey, where's Iggy? I'm waiting for a detailed report on that train trip with his son. He should be home by now, don't you think? Jim
48
48

what size thread?
What size thread is on paint poles and broom sticks(shop brooms)?
4
4

tax question: switching over from hobby to business?
I have had a large hobby metal shop for a long time. I have recently begun operating as a small business out of my home shop. I have never deducted anything (yet) from my taxes. I want to know the...
31
31

Parts info for older chinese round column milling machine?
A friend was just given an older round column milling machine of the type currently sold by Harbor Freight and others. It has no identifying marks on it. the "nameplate" only gives a serial number and...

Catalytic converters
A friend recently had the catalytic converter stolen from the truck she was driving. Checking into this, we found that there is an epidemic of catalytic converter thefts due to the high value of scrap...
23
23

Cross reference tire and wheel pattern?
I picked up a "Wells Cargo" type trailer a little while back, didnt have a spare tire Contacted the manufacture..they say its a 14" 5x 4 1/2 Anyone know what that lug pattern fits..IE Ford/Chevy etc...
15
15

Beckman Temperature controller photos
Look familiar to anyone? "Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than...
3
3

Welding on Car axle
One of the control arm brackets has rusted and broken off the rear axle housing of my car. I can make up a new bracket, but then need to weld it to the axle housing.. The axle runs inside of this in...
9
9

OT: but with metal content
A friend (Glenn, late of RCM) sent this via email to me today: LMAO! Here's your chuckle for the day! All of the Wal-Marts across Alabama sold out of ammunition as of yesterday. A reliable source said...
2
2

DIY Vacuum Actuator?
Hi Guys! I run a 1/8 scale live steam locomotive. While testing the vacuum brakes on my tender, I blew out the diaphrams that activate its brakes. The original unit was used as a vacuum advance for...
24
24