Subject Author Posted Replies

strong durable gloves?
I tend to go through generic work gloves pretty quickly, so I'm looking for some advice about which brands / styles that you recommend. Normally it's the fingertips that get ripped out first, followed...
4
4

High School
My son will be a freshman in high school this fall. He is signed up for all his classes, and the only thing he seems to be excited about is taking welding. I was thinking it might be time to get him a...
20
20

Castellated socket
I gave up trying to find the right socket off-the-shelf. A friend made one out of some drive shaft tubing and it worked. I will be getting a 3-jaw chuck for my rotary table though. stu

Flexible exhaust tubing
I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing to be used to create a model of the headers in a tuned exhaust for my 0320 Lycoming which is mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter. I need 4...
9
9

Signed up for Welding class
Signed up for the fall for a welding class, 6-10pm one day per week. Should cover all welding processes such as stick, mig, tig, and O/A. I am sure that I will learn quite a bit of stuff and maybe...
61
61

Welding Machines
Hi all: I want to get into welding (home hobbyist). My available power is single phase 120V, 20 amp, but I'm not against putting in another 230V outlet (to match the milling machine and lathe), but...
29
29

Limit switch timing from a cam
In this pic, you can see a cam that operates a lever that is part of a wire cutter. This is an old pic and we now use a roller instead of a cam but the chain drive is the same. I want to replace this...
9
9

Ping Gunner
I didn't make it to work today to gather you engine-work brushes, instead I had a minor surgical procedure...and got a big ol' bottle of Hydrocodone with refills! I view each pill as a pharmacological...

Tying down a lathe
I would transport the lathe in my trailer. It is 13x36, about 1,500 lbs. The lathe will be on cart, which I could raise and put on blocks so that the wheels are not engaged. The question is how to tie...
19
19

DIY heat treating oven video
Not the prettiest looking one but it's been getting the job done for a couple of years: http://www.viddler.com/explore/rashid11/videos/3/
2
2

9x20 common mods video
A video I did on common mods for the "controversial" 9x20. http://www.viddler.com/explore/rashid11/videos/2/
2
2

Russian scrap metal press machine
http://16k20.ru/video-rol/video1.wmv
12
12

Thanks Guys - Cuting Aluminum
I have tried to stay off the river during this extended amateur night going on during the holidays. Last holiday I fished we got speared by a pontoon boat. Anyway, as a result I've spent most of the...
4
4

Anyone playing with brl-cad?
Someone I chat with suggested that this would be an free way to play a bit. The solid modeler free gcode generator. spent a few hours with the former and it seems to have possiblites. I was using the...

I need some shaft coupling ideas
Folks, I am wanting to couple a square shaft (~.310inches) to a pulley of ~ 2 to 4 inches in diameter with ~ .500 or .625 hole for the drive of this pulley. In other words, I need to go from a square...
7
7