Amazing pictures of old dilapidated steam engines and refrigeration compressors

I love big refrigeration equipment for obvious reasons; but this is far beyond the usual drudgery. Stunning images of familiar, but antique things. Really worth a look.

Ignoramus18076

Ignoramus18076 fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Fascinating! Thanks, Ig! Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Wow. Wonder why it wasn't scrapped out and sold for the metal. Scrap steel was selling at 12cents a pound for a while. Not sure what it is. That would be a big job to take out.

Here in town, a large and old (tricky designs here and there) Paper Mill that is slowly coming down and selling as scrap. Some of it stays, most of it goes. Takes an intelligent scrapper to pay attention to what is good and what is scrap.

Parts of it will be re-purposed into an industrial site.

Mart> I love big refrigeration equipment for obvious reasons; but this is

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I was not there, myself, but I was wondering about the same thing.

Ignoramus4066