Any JET Drill Press Experts?

Anyone know if the quill on the JDP-20MF is identical to the JDP-20VS?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Yes, Jet knows. If they're identical then they'll have identical part numbers. Call the Jet parts desk at 1-800-274-6848 extension 5279, and ask them. Don't be put off by them answering WMH Group or something, it's still Jet.

Grant Erwin

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Welllllllll...maybe they will ..and maybe they wont.

Ask Leigh at MarMachine about Jet and drillpress parts..prticularly quill parts with identical part numbers.....

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner

Hey Grant,

Thanks for the tip. I'll call them and actually have I've spoken to them a few times in the past about their mill/drill machines. To be honest, except for Delta (and another lesser known company called Summit), I haven't found a manufacturer who knows the measurements of their units down to .001" or publishes the actual data in their parts lists. For instance, many of the companies list parts as being "Quill, 3.25" when they are foreign made and actually 82MM, etc. I usually wind up on the phone with someone who pulls out the same brochure I'm staring at and then proceeds to recite the data back to me that I just read to them and asked questions about.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Well, of course. I am assuming that if they are the precisely identical part then they will have identical part numbers, so all they have to do is compare the exploded parts diagrams. If the numbers are identical, then they are very likely the same part. If not, they might be and might not be.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Unfortunately, the model numbers are similar, but the machines are significantly different... I've got the ear of a technical guy there who is hopefully going to pull the parts off the shelf and measure them for me.

Free tip back at ya - If you dial 1-800-274-6846 Ext. 9, you get directly to their real tech. folks. These are the people that you leave a message for at 1-800-274-6848 Ext. 5279.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill