Anyone knows a website where I can buy grill components

I wanted to install a grill into this compressor that I gutted last week. I would prefer, if possible, to buy somehting decent and well
designed instead of coming up with my own design. So, would anyone who has done something similar, be able to recommend a good source?
✖
Ignoramus18332 wrote:

If you were in the UK then I could provide some local links but as you're in the US maybe search for "Catering gas fittings" or similar searches.
Add pictures here
✖
Ignoramus18332 wrote:

Have you tried searching for "grill parts", or perhaps just look at grillparts.com?
Add pictures here
✖

yes
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 4, 5:06 pm, Ignoramus18332 <ignoramus18...@NOSPAM. 18332.invalid> wrote:

Haven't seen anything beyond what you can get for repair parts at the local HD or Lowe's for regular BBQ grills. Most guys when making the big guys weld some tabs on the edges to hold the grill, cut some expanded metal for a grill, weld on hinges and load up with a couple of bags of charcoal. Had one like that that they made on the waterfront at the shipyard, used 2 100 gallon drums welded end to end and then split. If you want gas, Brownell's has some pipe burners made for heating blueing tanks, probably could be adapted or duplicated.
Stan
Add pictures here
✖

Charcoal
Add pictures here
✖
Ignoramus18332 wrote:

He's from Taft. EVERYthing tastes like petroleum there... :)
--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

    Yep. Even the chicken.
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
✖

    It must have been a stroke moment.

    Take that up with the dogs. I think I heard them conspiring to see if _you_ would notice it was making gravy in _your_ mouth. (The cats of, course, thought it a stupid idea But then again, anything which doesn't involve restoration to their rightful place in the Pantheon, or tuna, they consider a stupid idea.)
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
✖

I can weld iron pieces too. What I am not sure how to do is how to make a good grill that grills stuff correctly, instead of smoking too much/heating food unevenly/etc.
✖
Ignoramus18332 wrote:

Oh, heck, there's nothing to it! As long as there's meat and fire, you will eat. All those other details come down to technique, much like with welding. ;-)
(make two pieces of metal hot enough to melt, let the molten metal puddles merge together, and you've got a weldment. Making it pretty, however .... ;-)
Cheers! Rich
Add pictures here
✖

It's the grease dripping off the meat and burning that drives the flavor back up into the meat. Which is why that distance is critical. It's also one reason why gas grills have drip plates over the burners. Drip plates not required with charcoal.
Add pictures here
✖
Rex wrote:

Sheesh! There are as many grilling techniques as there are grillmasters, who everybody who's ever flipped a burger or brat (or even a chicken) over a heat source considers himself.
Some like the meat to drip on the coals and flame-broil their meat. Some like to put the coals off to the side and indirect-grill their meat over a cool drip pan.
Many people use "rubs," which to me kind of obviates the point of grilling meat - why not just rub a bunch of cayenne pepper on a rutabaga?
The point is, it doesn't matter. Do whatever you feel like, test the results, and adjust as needed.
In any case, have fun and good eating!
Cheers! Rich
Add pictures here
✖
Ignoramus18332 wrote:

The first thing is to decide what you want as the end result. Do you want BBQ where you take large chunks of meant and cook them slowly over time, OR do you want a grill where you can toss a 1" thick steak and a couple burgers and have them done in a few minutes?
While you can build a rig that will do both, they are entirely different systems.
For the first you want an indirect heat source that generates an even heat over a long period. For the second you want an even direct heat source at a higher temperature.
Doing both at the same time is not possible on one grill. You could build a unit that does both but you will need to determine the design first.
So What is the result you wish for?
--
Steve W.

Add pictures here
✖

Ideally, I would still like to do both grilling and pig roasting. I think that if I hang the pig a few inches above the grill, I may get that indirect effect.
✖
On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 21:47:48 -0500, Ignoramus7393

Be sure that the heat sources for the pig are not directly beneath the pig. The fat dripping from the pig will catch fire and or smoke if it drips onto the heat source. Best is to catch the fat and let it run off into a container. Use this rendered fat to deep fry the left over pig meat the next morning for breakfast. Serve with tortillas, pico de gallo, and crema fresca. Eric
Add pictures here
✖

And a couple of Plavix, a Toprol or two, and some fresh-snipped Lipitor. d8-)
--
Ed Huntress

Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:44:32 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

I cook a pig once a year. And fry up the leftover meat in lard for carnitas the next morning. As much rendered fat as possible is used. Everybody loves the breakfast. Some come just for the breakfast I'm sure. And you're right, heart attack on a plate. But worth it once a year. Eric
Add pictures here
✖
Ignoramus7393 wrote:

That is possible. Just keep in mind that you won't be able to use the grill below the pig while roasting a pig. The heat requirements are different. For the pig you want a nice steady temp around 200-250 degrees for between 6 - 12 hours (depends on the size of the pig, you keep roasting till you hit an internal temp of 160-165 in the ham)
For grilling burgers and such you want a temp at the grill level of closer to 300-400 degrees, higher if you want the initial turns to exhibit grill marks.
For roasting you want the heat 14" or more away from the meat, With a drip pan between them to avoid fires and the burnt fat taste. For grilling you want 6-8" between the fire and meat.
Most big pits have a small grill added to the side to do the burgers and such. Mine started life as a 500 gallon round tank. It has a propane burner bar down each side that allows me to start a fire in it easily. It also allows the temp to be controlled MUCH easier. For the main fuel source I use either good dry hardwood (Maple, Beech, Ash) Or good charcoal. The pit has a rotisserie powered with a 1 HP gear head motor. Turns the spit at just under .75 RPM. I built it to handle pigs/beef up to 300 - 400 pounds I attached a grill to the side that also uses propane/charcoal to do burgers/steaks and such. Also have a deep fryer and pair of top burners to make sauces/cook corn or whatever else.
--
Steve W.

Add pictures here
✖

This is an awesome post. I will try to think of something that could accommodate both. I have three 304 stainless sheets that I can work with.
The first task is to sandblast this compressor.
Add pictures here
✖