What's it called, & where can I buy it ?

Hi,

I'm looking for a source for 'contact strip' like the one a passenger presses on the bus in the UK to signal to the driver to halt at the next bus stop.

Does anyone know the correct name for this, & where I can purchase some ?.

TIA,

woodglass...

Reply to
woodglass

The cool way of doing this is to use Quantum Tunnelling Cable.

It works really well - I use it on robot's bumpers..

Reply to
Palindr☻me

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cowal6.freeserve.co.uk (known to some as woodglass) scribed...

They're called 'Tapeswitches.' They're made, appropriately enough, by a company called 'Tapeswitch.' You can find their web site here.

I took a quick look. It appears that they manufacture all kinds of the things, including sensing bumpers useful for robotics projects.

Happy hunting.

Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

Thanks,

I found a site in the UK that sells them,

woodglass...

Reply to
woodglass