Anyone want to get into a group buy of Dog /Cat Food?

Just pondering......

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Canned food is NOT on my pups' diet.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Works fine when mixed with dry as a supplement.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The boys get 1/4 cop of Bil-Jack and a hand full of kibble and some biscuits and chews, seems to work. I'd be afraid of changing their diet too much. NO PEOPLE FOOD!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On 6/5/2013 7:03 PM, Tom Gardner wrote: [snip] NO PEOPLE FOOD!

Agreed. Although dogs are evolved to eat pretty much whatever we do, feeding them people food has a potentially bad effect on their behavior, IMO.

Reply to
Jeff M

Canines are meat eaters.

Reply to
John Q. Public

Canines are meat eaters indeed..but can be omnivores within reason.

My pack eats WallyWorld Old Roy in the 50lb bags..about 1.5 a week, with no issues and have for decades.

Cats on the other hand..are pure omnivores so their food has far far less vegies in it. I occasionally will give pups canned cat food as they are being weaned, but cut if off within a week or so. Cat food is very expensive..even in dry because there is far more meet in it.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Obligate carnivores, not omnivores. In the wild, they eat nearly all of their prey, getting necessary calcium from the bones. Domestic cats need organ meats as well as muscle meat, and a source of calcium.

Reply to
David J. Hughes

Sorry..cats are pure carnivores.

Way way too hot today and I was getting tuckered out when I wrote that.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

What is a 1/4 cop, if not people food? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You draw and quarter a policeman and you have 4 days of food for 1 dog! I guess that IS people food! ----DAMN!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

If you don't hose off all the powdered sugar, they can eat for a week. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thats why Pachmeyer came up with the rubber grips...powdered suger will stick to em and not slide in ones hand like wood grips.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch on Wed, 05 Jun 2013 19:07:33 -0700 typed in misc.survivalism the following:

Dogs have been hanging out with humans for way too long. We'll both eat just about anything in reach.

I think you meant "carnivores". We humans are omnivores - we'll eat anything that don't move fast enough, and invented the opposable thumb to get those things which do. And fire to take care of the things which were moving, but ... not in a good way. And beer to wash it all down with.

But most cat fud still too much (IMOSHO) grain in it. WTH, most prepared food, for man or beast, has too much in it which doesn't need to be there at all. (Ask a diabetic about the umptey odd sugars added to foods, and forty-eleven ways of re-naming sugar (my favorite is "dehydrated cane juice").)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 06 Jun 2013

19:15:38 -0400 typed in misc.survivalism the following:

A quarter cop - when you can't completely cop a feel.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 07 Jun 2013

00:49:38 -0400 typed in misc.survivalism the following:

"Hey officer. Your eyes are looking a little glazed, you been doing donuts?" Said by Mark to a cop friend of his.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

No, it is Solent Green which is People Food. == pyotr filipivich "Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring down the American Government, there will be no one to protect them from the rednecks?"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Alpo-po?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

WINNER!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Have you seen the 'Sugar Free bread'? Over $3 a loaf!!!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell