Apple - VS Made in America?

days past from

worked for a while but

So what would this 2012 production-legal Mustang look like?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Rick

education in

the kids don't

as great to the

kids attend,

The thing is, "education" isn't really all that helpful. The piece of paper is--it's a check box on the recruiter's form--but much of what you learn is crap and much else is at best deep background. What you get at an Ivy League school (and don't get at community college) is contacts.

Look at the list of famous people who went to Harvard or Yale, and look at the list of people who went to your community college. Go Ivy League and socialize and you may end up a mover and shaker yourself--think Dan Quayle got to be Vice President on the basis of his brilliant intellect or long hours in the library?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Gunner Asch on Tue, 14 Feb 2012 00:33:00 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Yeah, just like that.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

These aren't meant for "Volume Production" per se - there are a lot of those old Ponycars on the road that have been fixed and restored and fixed again - with the Unibody all rotted out from road salt, one of the first really popular Unibody cars.

All those body-shell stampings have been available as individual repair parts for years, but you need a body shop to tear the car apart in and weld in the repairs and the results can be highly variable... They've never sold the bodies already jigged up straight and true and welded together as a complete assembly - and with a primer dip too.

Now you can order the replacement body-shell, finish the prep, do the Paint, rebuild and transfer over the powertrain and interior from your old Mustang, and have a "New" old car.

(Well, for another 15 - 20 years, then you'll have to do it again...)

There's one wrinkle that they have to address - you can certainly just do it and keep your mouth shut, but I wonder if it's really legal to transfer over the VIN Number tags, section in the body rail parts that have the "Hidden" stamped VIN, and make it your "old" car in the fresh body shell.

I could see a system where you order the "new" body with your old VIN already stamped in (because they keep control the special die stamps for those numbers) and the closest Dealer transfers over and rivets in the VIN plate when you're done because they control the special security-head rivets.

And AIUI wrecking yards aren't supposed to accept the old body shell without the VIN on it for destruction and melt-down. They need to invent some new paperwork for the purpose, or chop it up first.

Would have to be addressed on a per-state basis unless the Feds come up with a rule that covers everyone.

It's the "Grandpa's Axe" conundrum - We've changed the handle a dozen times, and the head wore out twice, but it's still "Grandpa's Axe."

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human

rth in days past from

worked for a while but

nner Asch- Hide quoted text -

So that's only $1500 in '65 dollars, applying my x10 rule for '60s prices. Of course, my Dad bought a new '67 Rambler for about that. A Ford LTD wagon was about $2200. We're rapidly heading for a one cent dollar.

Stan

Reply to
Stanley Schaefer

Figured that was the answer I'd get. The 1965 did not have to comply with 2012 impact regulations or bumper regulations or headlight regulations or emission regulations or fuel economy regulations or any of the numerous other regulations that have been implemented in the intervening nearly half a century. So, after you've made it comply with all the regulations so it can be sold in interstate commerce in the United States, what will it look like?

Reply to
J. Clarke