Are religious people less intelligent than atheists?

If tou are a "scientific atheist" you may be correct. If you are an hysterical atheist, you are wrong. A scuentific atheist is not evangelical - he lets anyone believe what they want, while a hysterical atheist denigrates anyone who holds any belief and tries to convince the world he is correct at any opportunity. He even invents opportunity. He makes a southern Baptist or Pentacostal Bible Thumper look like a rank ameture evangelist. For HIM, it IS a RELIGION based soley on BELIEF

Reply to
clare

For you hysterical atheists it IS a belief. You do not "not believe there is a God" you "believe there is no God"

BEEG difference.

Reply to
clare

Many very suble differences, with Rinzai being more focused on self knowlege than most of the others, and also more "martial"

No need to get into the intracies. A bit like the difference between Baprtists and Mennonites.

Reply to
clare

6

There is a big difference, which he (and I) have made clear, but I don't th ink he's in the "strong atheist" category, which you call "hysterical athei st" because you're resentful and possibly afraid of the fact that the "scie ntific atheist" category is gaining in numbers throughout the developed wor ld.

Of course, I'm guessing what you think -- which is exactly what you're doin g with "Bill."

Reply to
edhuntress2

Answer ONE question . In your mind, are you sure there is no God, or do you leave room for the possibitity there may be a god? If the first, it is a belief system. If there is any doubt in your mind - any pssibility there may actually be a god, it is a lack of belief. Answer the question. And if it is NOT a belief system by this metric, take your evangelicak fervour somewhere else, because you are proving you are a liar and a fake.

Reply to
clare

Bill Flett on Sun, 21 May 2017 20:03:22

-0700 typed >> >>

ah, so you are one of those who simply lacks belief in the existence of pink unicorns, not one of those who insists that there are no such things as pink unicorns.

In other words, you're more of a "non-theist", than an "a-theist."

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Not atg all settled, but you are on the way to settling at the bottom of the S--- tank - the plonk bin.

Reply to
clare

And when do these opportunities come? Usually when someone like you is denigrating non-believers, often, as you have done, by pretending that morality is linked to belief in fantasy.

LOL You know, most readers here would be happy to accept that you're an intelligent person. Too bad you can't stop rationalizing your belief in fairy tales. Get a clue. Making up nonsense about non-believers will never do a damned thing to prove that your fantasies make sense. And your defensiveness is very telling.

Reply to
Month of May

Anbd where do you fit into the scheme of things?

There is no God? Or there may be a God but I don't think so? Or there is a God, but he is of no concern to me?

There are only 4 choices, and you obviously do not fit the fourth - there is a god, and he is real and matters to my life.

Put it on the line - ONCE and FOR ALL?

Where do you stand???

That will answer the question of whether it is a belief system or not. The only ones that are NOT a belief is the "may be a god but I don't think so" or possibly "there is a God but he is of no concern to me" - and even the latter falls into a "belief"

Reply to
clare

Both terms mean exactly the same thing: without god(s). Nontheism carries some extra philosophical baggage, but at their root, they're identical.

You're confusing "atheist" with "anti-theist."

"Antitheism (sometimes anti-theism) is the opposition to theism.[1][2] The term has had a range of applications. In secular contexts, it typically refers to direct opposition to the belief in any deity."

"Nontheism or non-theism is a range of both religious[1] and nonreligious[2] attitudes characterized by the absence of espoused belief in a God or gods."

"Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities."

Reply to
edhuntress2

Try flipping that question around, Clare. Are you sure there is a God, or do you leave room for the possibility there may not be a God?

If not, take your evangelical fervor somewhere else, etc...

Reply to
edhuntress2

Clare is smart enough to realize the absurdity of his belief, but too dumb to accept it for that alone. And he'll stoop uncharacteristically low when he's rationalizing. Which should be un Christian, but is common enough to cite as a good reason to avoid belief, and believers.

Best comment on this pic: Excuse me sir, have you heard about our lord and savior?

*1317/bear+avon+1.jpg

Reply to
Month of May

I've never met an "evangelical" atheist such as you (attempted to) describe. I know a number of people who are atheists, and they never mention it unless asked.

Reply to
Rudy Canoza

3926

think he's in the "strong atheist" category, which you call "hysterical at heist" because you're resentful and possibly afraid of the fact that the "s cientific atheist" category is gaining in numbers throughout the developed world.

oing with "Bill."

Ha-ha! I think I've seen that guy, but he was wearing a white shirt and tie ; I was on my back under my Corvair, adjusting the valves or something; and he wanted me to crawl out so I could talk to him. I declined.

Reply to
edhuntress2

No, that's false. I do not have any belief in a god. That's a fact.

Reply to
Bill Flett

I do not have any belief in a god.

Reply to
Bill Flett

It's settled.

Reply to
Bill Flett

I have no belief in any god.

Reply to
Bill Flett

Correct.

No, I'm an atheist. I'm not an anti-theist.

Reply to
Bill Flett

Very good distinction. I'm not "opposed" to belief in a deity; I just don't have any such belief.

Reply to
Bill Flett