Auctioneers raided by the FBI has some of my money hanging in the balance

I just sent him $3k for some recent auction purchase. Now I am wondering what will happen to my money. He was, apparently, pocketing some of his clients' money that was proceeds of auction sales.

``The FBI raided Stuart, Millner, and Associates after a source close to the investigation claims the owner allegedly pocketed money to live a lavish lifestyle.

The investigation is focusing on the owner, Stuart Millner, whose company has held auctions for major corporations across the country. The company?s success has allowed Millner to afford a six-bedroom home in Union. It?s now on the market with an asking price of $1.6 million.

Sources close to investigation say Millner?s wealth came in part from him allegedly keeping more of the proceeds of auctions than he was supposed to. The money was supposed to go to clients. FBI officials wouldn?t comment on the accusations.

News 4 reached out to speak to a man who matched the owner?s description to get a comment and asked if he was Stuart Millner. The man walked away when the name was mentioned.'' i

Reply to
Ignoramus30649

"Ignoramus30649" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Jim Wilkins

You're probably screwed, at least in the short term. Like Jim suggests you can call the local FBI -- you probably won't be the only one in that situation. Just speak clearly and tell the whole truth.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

And you haven't picked up the stuff yet, right? Has it been recent enough that you can stop payment on the check?

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

It was a wire transfer...

Ignoramus30649

A lot of variables in play, the article says an arrest was made. No mention of any asset seizures. You may end up getting your purchase if the business is not encumbered by the arrest. There really isn't enough information to determine whets going on. You can try to pick up purchase or have it shipped to you and see what happens.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Already tried to pick-up, nothing is being released, this is how I found out about the FBI raid.

Ignoramus32247

Your in for the long haul. Could take years for the feds to release your purchase/money. Considering the small ammount of money involved it may not be worth pursuing.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

It is MY money and it is always worth pursuing.

Ignoramus32247

I would try to pursue picking up the merchandise. Find out where the merchandise is being held and who is paying for the storage charges. Who ever is paying for storage ought to be on your side.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

of-pocketing-millions

ner to afford a

et with an asking

alth came in part

??s

Please contact me regarding the above issue. I represent Millner's Client f rom their most recent auctions. We are collecting information regarding the purchases and money transfers. snipped-for-privacy@scientificgames.com

Reply to
Bally Gaming Proj Mgr