Boring a slotted shaft

Great. You got lucky. Go at it for the real deal then.

Sounds like you have it well under control.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I think he's got his setup well under control and is sure he will produce a fine part with his approach. Honestly I don't think he even needed any help from the folks here to produce an acceptable outcome.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

An excellent point!

Reply to
Gene Kearns

And that I did (runout of 2.5" pressed shaft is less than .0015 as expected);

Not to decide whether to bore or drill. I already indicated where my uncertainty was. You're still missing something though since you seem to believe that drilling on a lathe is as error prone as drilling on a mill or drill press. The rotating instead of stationary workpiece on the lathe makes all the difference in the world.

Reply to
oparr

We're glad there was a successful conclusion.

Reply to
jim rozen