Bring a gun have some fun in LV

Hey we both forgot to include :-) or for these bits right? :-)

Reply to
jj

It's the engineering blood in me. Sometimes I'm sooooo literal. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

They will be sitting in trailer in the desert, walking fire onto your position without the slightest risk of death to anyone not on target. You don't need body armor to do that. You need air conditioning, something we already know how to do.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

They havent forgotten in 60 yrs or more..what makes you think that they will permanantly forget? Other than a bullet in their skulls?

Yes..and?

Buried guns are impossible to use when needed and take a significant amount of time to clear the bad guys from your domicile.

So you want to actually give them time to develop such good body armor?

You do understand that you have the appearence of a mindless hypocrit, do you not?

We can have gun rights, or not. We cannot have both.

Choose, and choose wisely.

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I was actually making fun of you with that paragraph. (the plasma rifle line was from the gun store scene in the first Terminator movie) Butt since you decided to take it seriously...So what are you going to do about it? Take down a government or hitech company R&D lab and try to kill some researchers? (like in Terminator 2?)

Lol, if you say so...I thought I was both correct and realistic.

What an obvious tautology. So what are you doing to make California a more gun friendly state? I'd say you're doing a pretty piss poor job. How'd you let that .50 cal ban pass Gunner? And what exactly are gun rights? Strictly speaking, since all of my guns were legally purchased, the gov has a paper trail to every gun I own. If the gov really goes *fully* and 100% no guns at all, their paper trail is complete (this could be iffy) and they send a competent armed team to confiscate, I am toast. Not that I constantly mull/fantasize how I'll defend the casa but hey it's a sheet rock wood frame structure and no I have not retrofitted 1.5" steel plate panels (finally some on topic metal content!!! :-) or fiber reinforced ballistic mats.

Now you probably have nightly wet dreams about how you, all by your lonesomes, defend your hq and defeat 21 black masked jackbooted thugs just like in the movies. Well maybe you get some help from a wonder pooch and I wouldn't put it past you to have some rather rowdy perimeter defenses. But as John Carroll pointed out, what good are small arms against medium and heavy?

I have. I never voted for Dubya and I won't for Palin. I also own HK.

Reply to
jj

I was reading your buffoonery and paid no attention to the plasma rifle, but to the bullet proof vest. If plasma rifles are invented...it wont be long before Citizens copy them and build them. At which point bullet proof vests become nothing more than a thermal wrapping best left at home.

No, you were not.

I live in a nice friendly Conservative Red County..among other Red Countys here in the Central Valley. In fact..most of the rural California is Red. But then.. you did know that..right?

You actually bought every firearm on the books? Blink blink...blink. Now that was stupid as hell. Particularly in California.

In my neck of the woods..desert actually...we can and Will defend each other if the bubble busts. If they are shooting up my place...the neighbors will be shooting them in the back. Shrug....but hey...its a Red County..with lots and lots of CCWs. LA county..with its 9 million people...doesnt issue them. Period.

What makes you believe that Id be alone in defending my homestead? This is Red country..and we tend to take care of each other. We only had one drive by shooting here, about 10 yrs ago. And the kids never made it out of the cul de sac. They were shot to shit by everyone in the neighborhood.

Medium and Heavy arms? They are going to be bringing in Arty on my home? Thats gonna be really neat for the neighbors to discover, no? Or simply bring in a flight of A10s and take out my entire section of town?

Again...that would of course be a rather painful mistake for whatever knucklehead came up with that idea. He of course would not live all that long..shrug. There are 6 active Militia groups in the county. 2 are small white supremist groups..nut cases and will be killed off the moment they step over the line. The other 4 are rather large, active and largely retired or ex military. Some large percentage are currently reserves etc. Shrug. One imagines that the word would get around before the miltary/FBI did.

As far as Im concerned..Im just a harmless lovable fuzzball, and they can come in (with a warrant) and check the homestead as they like. But there are others living here...that are a bit less tolerant. And we all remember Waco, Ruby Ridge etc...and that a bunch of locals was on the road when Ruby Ridge was over.

Those folks are still at hand, a little older, a little grayer, a little more pissed off at the Government..shrug

We are going to be living in Interesting Times in a very few years.

Im glad Im alive to see the events that will change the history of America come about.

Good for you laddy. Make sure your ammo quantities are large..and you have spare weapons for friends and family. I suspect you are going to be needing them in less than 3 yrs. I hope Im wrong..really..but..shrug...If Im not...

Gunner Asch

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

...most likely they'll be shooting EACH OTHER in the back, but who can tell who is who after a case of beer, anyway?...

Shrug...4,300 out of an adult population of 528,000 -- less than 1% of adults. Fer Chrissake, Gunner, Connecticut has about four times the rate of CCWs as Kern County. For a red county, you're dragging your feet behind the Eastern Liberals!

But they have plenty of guns, anyway.

Interesting Times is a new trailer park in one of Taft's cheaper suburbs, with drive-by cops, open-air schools and no electricity.

So am I Gunner. So am I.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress