Can you find Waldo -or- Freighten your kids-shop pic

Yea, but he doesn't read this NG and I have offered visiting rights and cutting his grass.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I've seen worse. I mean, just look at the electrical work. Are those COVERS on those boxes? And the floor actually looks like it has been swept!

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Let me try again....

I'm runnning Netscape 7.1 Brightness and contrast are turned up all the way.

-Literally -ALL- I can see in the picture is the lights.

Pressing my nose to the screen, turning off the room lights, I still can't see anything else.

Is there a setting for Nescape or something???

Somebody else here had a website with black text on a dark purple background. When I pointed out to him that that might be a problem I just got a real snotty reply about my failing eyesight, And I was no longer fit to read his cool web pages. He didn't seem to comprehend that not all computers will display all images exactly the same as his computer might.

So again, is there some controls that I haven't found?

Thanks very much for any insight. (no bad pun intended)

Pete

Reply to
Pete Logghe

I don't run Netscape, but here's what I do in that situation, save the picture to my hard drive, scan the file for viruses (as I do with anything I download), then open the picture in a photo editor and adjust the brightness, contrast, gamma, whatever. The photo editors have a wider range of adjustment and may help.

I have a monitor at work which has aged, and doesn't display any picture as brightly as other monitors. I've learned not to use it when adjusting images for printing.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Came up nice and clear on MYIE2.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner
[ ... ]

On what OS? Netscape is available for a lot of different OS's, even for my unix systems -- though I prefer the Mozilla to that under the Netscape name these days.

Not that I know of -- though there are settings for the

*computer* screen -- brightness and contrast -- which can help somewhat.

However, what I do is to save the image to a local disk, and use another program to view the image, while manipulating adjustments. Mine are unix programs -- but you can probably do something with PhotoShop Elements (the cheap stripped version of PhotoShop) to improve it significantly. Or -- get one of the good free/shareware image manipulation tools like IrfranView (I believe it is called). Even better, if it is available porter to your OS is the unix GIMP program (Gnu Image Manipulation Program), which is on a par with the full PhotoShop, but is free. It was written for unix, but I'm reasonably sure that it has been ported to Windows, and perhaps to Macs as well (at least, OS-X, which is unix under the GUI.)

I agree that the image in question is overly dark, but when I load it into one of my image viewing tools I can make it a lot easier to view.

That is youth at work.

Not in Netscape -- but elsewhere, once you save a local copy. I don't know what the programs supplied with your OS may be, but there are better programs available.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

On 2 May 2004 08:32:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net (Pete Logghe) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Can you see pictures OK on _most_ other websites? It _could _ be a thing between this particular site and your setup, or your system and all sites.

What was the URL of the purple/black website? Can you remember? If othter people can look at and see what they see, maybe even with Netscape, then the problem can be narrowed a bit.

Not saying that you did, but if you go to somebody's site, then "attack" them, however gently, and it's actually your problem, then you usually get a tough reaction, _more or less_, and _more or less_ based on the tone of your first contact.

**************************************************** The Met Bureau is LOVE!
Reply to
Old Nick

I think it was Tim ahhh Wilson's (?) I bought a new monitor when that problem kept happening , fixed it. BTW, I didn't think the shop was that messy. One time while cleaning my shop I found this neat piece of styrofoam with C shaped cuts all through it. My mind started wondering what special purpose this was designed for and then I looked at the other side and some of the SS swarf from the planer hadn't melted all the way through. :o)

Reply to
Sunworshiper

Turns out, that the controls on the monitor, there are controls in video driver....

got to Control panel, then to: Intel Graphics Technology Icon. ( I was going to the Display Icon) Then to the Color tab......

Adjustment for the Gamma, Brightness, Contrast. (UREKA!!)

None of this in the Display Icon. The Display Icon does have settings for resolution, and colors....

Hope this helps someone else.... Nobody seemed to know I was asking for.

And YIKES! What a mess.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Logghe

...and I know where EVERYTHING is.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Of course you do. It's ``in the shop.'' :-)

tg.

Tom Gardner wrote:

Reply to
The other Thomas Gardner