Can you find Waldo -or- Freighten your kids-shop pic

Just testing the dropbox with a photo of how not to keep a shop. It's better now but we all agree that we are just slobs here. Look at:

This is part of the machine shop after a flurry of urgent jobs. Isn't it a wonder that anything gets done? I am now responsible for all you that get : "Scared Clean"

Reply to
Tom Gardner

needs some lube in the carriage...what else?

Reply to
Windell

Good thing YOU noticed that, it might have been years for me. I'll go fill it now.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

looks normal to me! that bridgeport looks like mine before I moved it into a nice new toolroom behind my house. I was forced to clean & paint it because it sucked all the light out of the room

Reply to
Wwj2110

You might want to up the light factor.

Reply to
Wayne

I was looking for a place to siddown. Looked like a clean spot. ( I only sit to debur, honest.)

Reply to
Windell

What are you complaining about? I actually see some clear floor -- something which is a lot harder to find in my shop. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

ALL I cna see is some flourescant lights... Everything else is just black... Pete

Reply to
Pete Logghe

If my garage was that tidy and empty I wouldn't be having to build a new workshop.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:51:19 GMT, "Tom Gardner" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Hey man! I know just the way yo clear out thazt shop in no time.......and I wanna watch!

Actually looking at that pic made me feel quite at home.....

**************************************************** The Met Bureau is LOVE!
Reply to
Old Nick

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:51:19 GMT, "Tom Gardner" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Awww you guys! You are just making me feel sooo much better!

**************************************************** The Met Bureau is LOVE!
Reply to
Old Nick

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Like I have said Nick, you have seen into my soul! I just have to be able to pass a lie-detector test.

We just added 200 square feet of shelving that is now full and it didn't make a dent. I would campaign to throw stuff away but that just isn't done here. I need another 1,000 square feet for the machine shop but on one side is 15 presses and the other side has brush machines imbedded in concrete. "My ancestors: So many graves, so little urine."

On a good note, I have convinced the accounting people that it would be cheaper to get a new mill that keep whipping this old dog just with the time spent working around it's inaccuracies. "I'mmm gettin' a new miiilllll! I'mmm gettin' a new miiiillll! I'mmm gettin' a new miiiilllll!" Now, should I sell the old dog or Blow-it-up?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

SNIP

Hey Tom,

See!!! There's the difference between guys like you ,and say Gunner and myself. We'd both be singing "I'm getting ANOTHER mill!!...I'm getting another MILL!!...I'm GETTING another mill!! " . New would be in the second verse.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson

And speaking of light, remember that there's plenty of room to put small stuff on top and hanging down from those flourescent fixtures.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

When "Builder's Square folded up here, I bought 2 truck-loads of pallet racking. I sold off half of it and made a profit plus I kept the other half. Well, it all got filled with crap in a week...Good crap, mind you! We have "Horizontal Surface Syndrome" - this uncontrollable urge to put something on any flat, clear surface. This includes all the desks in the office, shelving, floor space, work benches, etc. The trouble is that I NEED that machine part that has been gathering dust for 40 years when we made two or three replacement parts rather than one. I HAVE scraped stuff for machines that we got rid of 25 years ago, although begrudgingly.

Your musical shed game reminds me of trying to clean out the garage, in the middle of winter so you can't take everything out, and rebuilding a car at the same time.

I definitely won't keep the old BP, and they won't let my blow-it-up so, I will flog it for whatever I can get for it, -$300-500? The new one I am getting is about 10 years old with chrome ways, way covers, even table covers, but doesn't have ball-screws---Damn!! It's a Series 1 with v-speed and has less that 5 hours on it---no shit, he just never used it! It's in a buddy's home shop that you can eat from the floor. We have been negotiating for 2 years now and neither one of us has mentioned a figure--"How much do you want?" --"How much will you offer?" Whoever says dollars first, looses. I hope to get it for $2k. But now the negotiations must wind-up.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:51:19 GMT, "Tom Gardner" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Hey when you say "Freighten", are you referring to the place you purchase your gear?

**************************************************** The Met Bureau is LOVE!
Reply to
Old Nick

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:14:13 GMT, "Tom Gardner" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

hmphmp! Love it.

Uh-oh! You said $!

Reply to
Old Nick

I keep chip brushes up there. That way, Roger - 5'2" can't reach them;also when they fall on my head they don't hurt.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Damn...

Reply to