Carry when riding?

Motorcyclist His Deer, Then Kills Himself

Reply to
ATP

ROTFLMAO

Reply to
Ignoramus21191

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:03:31 -0400, "ATP" wrote the following:

"Awshit. Paralyzed from the belt down, bike totalled, left arm gone, no Oh!Bamacare, what's the use? Glad I was carrying."

-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Somewhere in my pile of stuff, I have a picture of a bighorn sheep who went head to head with a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 down by Hoover Dam.

Guess who lost.

A few years before that, a ram took exception to a motorcycle and rammed it head on. Ram killed, cyclist messed up pretty good.

Don't know what was going through the cyclist's mind unless he had a McCain/Palin sticker on his bike.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

"Investigators were awaiting toxicology results before closing the case."

That might be of interest.

Im aware of a case where a guy decided to commit sideways by driving like a madman and crashing his vehicle into something. He hit a cow by accident and the cow came into the cab of the pickup truck..he is now a quadraplegic and is unable to even feed himself.

Must be hell inside of his skull.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Gunner, I've committed sideways a number of times, and never ended up with more than scratches and bruises.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

That's some case of Animal Rights remorse! Will PeTA hold a memorial?

Reply to
John Husvar

I learned to never have anything bulkier than driver's license, insurance card, and a few bucks on my person while riding. Landed on my cell phone once and broke a rib and the cell phone. I shudder to think how much damage landing on a .45 would have done.

Personally while riding I consider going off the bike to be a far more likely event than having suddenly to engage in a gun battle. But then I'm not one of those whose riding consists of a drunken wobble from one biker bar to another.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Strange that they would conclude it was self-inflicted rather than accidental discharge from the crash. Probably more information than was reported. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

zx???QOÛ@ ÇßïS¸b/¡MY¡´ F¥i*b?x?.79v9gw>¢òéç¡1¡iyHl?ýóÿ+µö°I?Áa×ÉÉg?C~²?} S9*´{äý?OU?q©?=ïý+:°5?º?? ñd/?-ó½ã|?å¬0æ?Mìùk9ìÿJ?«Í?1@:íÏ&y»?ä·*û?~l¨?^4¼????¹]N&]?[?\égd?0i«É4?.ò?

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah. It was - um - elevated.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Why would you land on it? I keep a 1911 in a crash bar pouch.

You should consider taking the experienced rider MSF course. Afterwards there are a couple of really good LEO style training courses. Then you wouldn't need to worry so much about going off the bike. That's a really bad way to ride.

Is that how you landed on your cell phone? Ride a BMW?

Newb

Reply to
nobody

There wasn't enough meat in the story to make any assumptions.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

"Gunner Asch" wrote

I go to Vegas a couple of times a month. I used to live there for about fifty years. I enjoy listening to the scanner. Always a lot of action. 4 codes are used by Metro, 10 by NHP and NPS, not sure about Boulder City and Henderson.

What amazes me is the economy of words. The calmness of the dispatchers, particularly when dealing with stressful situations or rookies. Lots gets said with few words. On car to car and tactical channels, you will get regular conversations, but with the 4 and 10 codes inserted to keep the conversation a little private.

In Vegas, Z denotes undercover if preceeded or followed by particular alphanumeric codes. Letter means geographical area, number of unit, Z for undercover, as in Henry34Zebra. It also follows the 4** code to mean attempted 4** to describe the offense or event. The Zebra unit is the SWAT team, and only has Z followed by numerals. Talk about very few words spoken ......... They really talk in some code, sounds like the WWII Navajo codetalkers. By the time they get there, there's very little to talk about, only to be done.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

He took responsibility for his own actions- "the buck stops here"

Reply to
ATP

I ride a BMW..and they seldom go down. Most guys who ride boxers...can actually ride. Unlike the Yuppie Harley riders

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:20:42 -0400, "ATP" wrote the following:

2 points, Wally!

-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711

Reply to
Larry Jaques

At least!

Reply to
John Husvar

Maybe if YOU took some anger management and got a better class of friends you wouldn't have to worry so much about engaging in a gun battle.

Is what how I landed on my cell phone and what do BMWs have to do with anything? And just FYI at the particular time it happened the nearest bar was at the far end of about 200 more miles of gravel.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic event, you'd be a contender. How about if we stick to the facts instead of venturing into your bizarre imagination?

You're the one in this conversation who broke a rib and/with a cell phone in a motorcycle accident, not me. Using that premise you extrapolated that carrying a .45 would result in similar, or worse, consequences.

All I did was point out your premise is flawed, there are other storage options available for carrying a weapon on a motorcycle. There are also classes to help you learn to ride. The latter would definately help. Neither infers anything about me besides the fact that I know about a couple of things and chose to share them with a fellow rider.

You said "riding consists of a drunken wobble from one biker bar to another." Nobody mentioned anything about drinking and riding until you did. Did you have a drinking problem that was causal to your accident?

It's a pretty common question riders ask of other riders. I'm guessing that you're a GS guy, right?

Newb

Reply to
nobody