Carry when riding?

Whoosh.

Whoosh II.

Your point being?

So what do you do with the weapon when you get off the motorcycle? Do you leave it on the motorcycle or do you display it while you transfer it to your person, or what?

And there are drops which no class can prevent. And others which some types of class might prevent but not those that you mention.

So tell me what I would have learned in these classes that would have prevented that specific crash.

And that you jump to conclusions.

No, I did not. Diagram the sentence.

Did you have a drinking problem that was conducive to your getting into gunfights all the time?

I dunno. What's a "GS guy"?

Reply to
J. Clarke

:snipped here and there for brevity:

Depends on where I am, but it's never been problematic. The pouch is affixed to the crash bar with snaps and the lid utilizes a velcro closure. You can either remove it from the pouch or remove the pouch from the bike with the gun inside.

Which one of those have you taken?

Ask a motorcycle cop why they're required to take it. Ask your insurance agent why their actuarial charts show that insuring riders who've taken recent extended MC rider training classes is worth a 10% annual premium discount. Ask the instructor(s) why they teach it.

BMW makes a few dual purpose bikes, one being the GS line. You mentioned hundreds of miles of gravel road, a GS is suitable for that.

So what kind of bike do you have?

Newb

Reply to
nobody

Mine's a '90 FLHTCU , and the only gravel it sees is the road/driveway to my place in the Ozarks . I usually have a .45 strapped on my hip when I ride , but have yet to land on it .

Reply to
Snag

Which of those do you believe would be relevant to the particular crash under discussion?

And what do you believe he would tell me that is relevant to the particular crash in question.

And how does that related to the specific crash in question?

And what do you believe they will tell me about the specific crash in question?

Sorry, I had you mistaken for someone who actually had some riding experience. Never actually seen seal road, have you?

A reliable one.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You guys never heard of shoulder holsters?

Having your weapon tucked up under your off arm and out of the way under your riding gear is a very good place to store it..and pretty much negates having to leave it on the bike. When riding a bike, I generally carry in a shoulder holster under a button up shirt..under the riding jacket.

That way when I get off..I can open the jacket or remove it, then simply unbutton the shirt if I get an :"off:" feeling, yet it doesnt print, doesnt get in the way and doesnt startle people. And it can be reached while on the bike if you have a throttle lock..worst comes to worst.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You haven't taken a single one; that's what I thought. An overwhelming percentage of motorcyclists who are involved in accidents never had any formal training classes. Your broken ribs are a typical outcome of poor, to no, training. I'm glad you don't carry a gun.

Up close and personal like you? Nope, no road rash or broken ribs.

Whizzer?

Newb

Reply to
nobody

And you know this because?

So?

And you know this how?

Why would I want to carry a gun?

In other words you've never seen it, let alone ridden on it.

What's a "whizzer"?

This has been fun, but as a matter of general principle people who use "nobody" or "nowhere" reside in my killfile, and it's time to correct the oversight that let you out of it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

The right tool for the job. I've got street bikes, a couple of dirt bikes and a dual purpose bike. Your H-D is a great bike for long distance highway touring. If you were going to ride up the Al-Can, you'd really be happier on a GS. I know a lot of riders who have both in the stable. It's also the number one choice of IBA riders.

H-D makes a crash bar pouch kind of like the one I use. It's really convenient when installed on the rear crash bar, dominant hand side. It's big enough to hide a 1911. Much faster draw when seated than from a hip holster. In a riding position if I drop my right hand down, the lid of the pouch is where my fingers land. If you live in an open carry state, it's a cinch to pull it out and slip it into your hip holster in one smooth motion on dismount. It even stays dry in a frog strangler.

Newb

Reply to
nobody

Because people who have taken those classes aren't evasive about it, we willingly share these experiences with fellow riders. Stupid hill for you to choose to die on in any event.

Do you really need that explained?

You really do need this explained, wow.

To shoot yourself after you fall down and a rib penetrates your lung? Sucking chest wounds are extremely painful and a slow way to die, out in the middle of nowhere, on a couple hundred miles of gravel road. That's what this subject was about, remember?

Seen what?

Try google.

Sure you will. An announced *killfile* after a long drawn out series of new diatribe would be a waste of an intelligent persons time. You'll reply to this, complete with another stupid, evasive question.

If you actually do ride motorcycles, I recommend taking the advanced riders courses. Don't take them if you don't want to, it's not my ribs getting broken, pal.

Newb

Reply to
nobody

wrote

(now, people, what's your first clue that you need not read any further?)

Yer welcome.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

When you first moved to Cedar City, UT I gave you the name of an old friend of mine to contact. You're welcome.

Newb

Reply to
nobody