Deer hunting - Gunner style (Metalwork subject matter)

Build your own mountain Howitzer

Glenn Ashmore

Yeah, saw this one a year ago. I was trying to figure out if what he did was really a violation. It all depends on exacty how the hunting regulations are worded, as nobody would expect a hunter to go after deer with a howitzer.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I think in Missouri you have to use a center fire bullet. Except for during black powder season. In either case, you can't fire more than one projectile from the weapon per shot.

Did you see the picture of the deer that he shot? The holes appeared rather predictable to me, and with much less damage around them than I would expect.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

You think that's real, or Photoshopped? The pic isn't high enough res to really tell.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Oh, damn! Well, that means you have to use one big ball in the cannon!

Well, those balls don't travel at huinting rifle velocities, I'm sure. The develop enough impulse by mass, not speed.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

An excellent find. I laughed so hard that I almost feel off me chair. The section on evasion/post-firing deception is priceless .

Reminds me of another guy that had much fun with jet-engine-powered-cart.

Reply to
rashid111

That brightened up MY Thanksgiving:)

Clark