Drill Rob for Drill Press Runout

Anyone know a good source for me to order a "straight" ground drill rod for the purpose of meausuring the runout on my drill press?

KC

Reply to
kcleere

kcleere

Order a drill blank...

John

Reply to
john

Order a drill blank from MSC, McMaster Carr, Enco, or any other supplier.

John

Reply to
john

Thanks...Done...Ordered one from MC.

And thanks for the patience with the Newbie.

KC

john wrote:

Reply to
kcleere

go to mcmaster.com and type "drill rod", they have plenty

iu

Reply to
Ignoramus5009

A standard hardened and ground dowel pin will suffice. Where to purchase just one, well....

Reply to
Black Dragon

how about at mcmaster...

Ignoramus5009

How long? You need just a plain jane gage pin? Check with any machinery tool dealer..they usually have loose ones floating around that came from?

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment is to gullshit in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration, knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks ya'll I orderd a couple from M-Carr today. Ah..the beauty of on-line ordering...

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
kcleere

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

I would buy a centerless ground drill blank - from :
You can buy M2 or what not - it isn't hard yet - but a quality finish - spec the length you need - e.g. 1/2" x 24" and finish quality.....

I have used them before and they are nice to deal with. They supply high tech drill blanks that drills are made from that most of us can't afford the whole set.

Mart> Uhm...I meant drill ROD...

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

What also works is "precision shafting", sold by MSC, McM-C, Sterling Instruments, et al.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn