Would you two get a room!

Reply to
Richard

its not my first rodeo.

Send me an email to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com and Ill give you a link to my firearms collection, which is posted on Picasa, but secured

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Ammo prices are 3x-8x normal price here, when you can find it, and a local bare AR-15 was just advertised at $3,500.

Ayup. Time to sit on the porch and watch it come down, jes sippin' that lemonade.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

for is if the

Not true at all, Eddie, you dolt. It points out one good aspect of it.

Sooooo, why are you still talking to him?

Right, like insurance: Not needed until the moment you do. And when you do need it, it had better be handy and in force. I'm happy it's there, especially this term. Any day now, folks...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

There was a really interesting show on PBS tonight, with considerable comments by NRA President David Keene, in which one historian pointed out the obvious, which every gun nut gleefully ignores: Shooting muzzle loaders, one shot at a time, presents a QUALITATIVELY different issue than 30-round ARs. The historian had tracked homicides in America for the past couple of centuries and found that the sharpest jump occurred in the decade after Colt introduced the six-shooter.

So it's hard to say what they would have said about the situation we face today. As it is, that doesn't matter, because we have a dead Constitution.

Sure. Start with the most conservative view, that of Judge Bork. He said it was a meaningless redundancy.

Or you could try Madison:

"?The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in State governments are numerous and indefinite.? ? James Madison, "The Federalist" No. 45,

Then came the 14th Amendment. As a governor of Texas once said, "Oops..."

Next issue?

Those are our bills. And they can always pay them. They have the printing presses.

Of course, the Tea Party may decide we don't really have to pay them.

When?

Shirley you jest. TMT's antics are a big part of why I left. I couldn't stand the noise.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ok. Sent.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

for is if the

It does nothing of the kind, you dolt. It says "it won't be needed until...," not "one good aspect of it is...."

It's a really simple sentence, Larry, in plain English. You posted it. Are you having trouble with it?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You know, I've always enjoyed reading you, Ed. Sometime I agree, sometimes you are just pig headed wrong. But always interesting.

But I hate it when you just tell God's honest unvarnished truth...

Reply to
Richard

Don't call me Shirley!

Reply to
Richard

When the Federal government can't (or won't) pay the interest on the national debt...

Me too. What a toad.

Reply to
Richard

Well, they *can*, for the reason stated above. If they won't, it means that the people who voted for Tea Party congressmen should have their heads examined.

Otherwise, nothing much will happen.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ive laid in plenty of banjo strings. Its gonna be fun sitting on the porch, listening to the rising body count reported over the radio and playing happy riffs with each massive increase.

Glorious!!

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Time to hit it with the machine and jump start it again. Course it will mean the deaths of millions of leftwingers..but its a small price to pay.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Amendment for is if the

the Sixth, etc.

Hmm. Which part of the Constitution says that? Only the Court's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.

So, we're in a recursive circle here. You do need the 2nd, and for more than defense against "them taking it away."

This is all fine philosophy, and a good reason for the 2nd (see Scalia, et al.). But it's not what the quip says, and that's what's in dispute.

Again, it's a dimwitted play on words that makes no sense. Definitely NOT Jefferson. Maybe Larry.

You're locked in one of your delusional cycles of wishful thinking, Gunner. The quip says nothing about the things you've described above. That's why it's dim-witted.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I forget nothing of the kind. I'm just remarking about the mindless drivel Larry attributes to Jefferson.

Note that he did it again, even after I provided a link to the Jefferson scholars' Monticello site, which says it's spurious.

That's a man who really doesn't give a damn about the truth. It's all about whatever he makes up between his ears.

Only in your dreams.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Amendment for is if the

the Sixth, etc.

Its found in "Natural Law"...on which much of the Constitution is based.

It sure makes killing politicians legal when they come to take the Peoples guns away.

Oh it works just fine. Perhaps not to you..but enough people here ..a majority in fact...seem to understand it well enough. So it would appear you are out....voted.

Your opinion, is once again...noted with great amusment and laughter.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

So why do the majority of those responding to you indicate it is a good statement, no matter the source?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Amendment for is if the

the Sixth, etc.

Only the gun nutz, Gunner. They'll believe anything if you tell it to them in bullet points. d8-)

Larry seems to still believe that Jefferson said it, too.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Because they're gun nutz -- a little vague in their thinking, not too careful with words, and given to cheering for stupid sayings that ring their chimes.

That's the difference between pro-gun, pro-2nd Amenndment gun enthusiasts, and gun nutz.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Amendment for is if the

or the Sixth, etc.

You mean the 51% of the population that owns firearms?

Seems like you got outvoted again Ed.

Does it matter who said it? Its still true.

So Ed..spend a lot of your time splitting hairs these days?

Seems as though you do. Say..I thought you got a huge project in front of you. Fall through?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner