Extreme precision in figuring out experience

He probably needs a job to keep up payments on his crack addiction.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I hope not

Reply to
Ignoramus8772

Some kind of addiction, most likely. Very strange experience.

Ignoramus8772

If you're a fan of Kurt Vonnegut, he wrote a story many years ago that relates to this. In Vonnegut's own words:

?As for the story itself, it was entitled "The Dancing Fool." Like so many Trout stories, it was about a tragic failure to communicate. Here was the plot: A flying saucer creature named Zog arrived on Earth to explain how wars could be prevented and how cancer could be cured. He brought the information from Margo, a planet where the natives conversed by means of farts and tap dancing. Zog landed at night in Connecticut. He had no sooner touched down than he saw a house on fire. He rushed into the house, farting and tap dancing, warning the people about the terrible danger they were in. The head of the house brained Zog with a golfclub.?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

that's the point of the resume- to get a face to face.

the person sounds amusing from the very little that was shared though.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Jim Wilkins

After the question about centrifugal force, ask if is willing to support the d'arsonval movement.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

We come from different "fields" with different outlooks evidently. I have hired and fired several hundred people in my time and anyone playing those sorts of games goes into the Also Ran pile.

When I hire..I hire practical guys with no bullshit outlooks. Those are the ones I can generally figure will be my backbone employees. People who play games on their resume...tend to be problem children.

That in the several industries Ive hired for. YMMV of course.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Mech Eng? Then ask him if he believes in centrifugal force. If he does, he flunked out .....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Cross-Slide"

is willing to support the d'arsonval movement.

And if he says 'hell yes, I'll sign that petition!' , when do they meet?

Reply to
Phil Kangas

I always used five places, so they could make their own rounding errors. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That (repetitive motions) sounds like someone with some form of Autism -- likely Aperger's syndrome, which could make him very good at detail work, but terrible with human interface situations. So -- if you hire him (or someone like him), keep him away from the public -- both as a favor to him and to the public.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Larry Jaques on Wed, 03 Jul 2013

06:30:34 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Well put a flag note on it next time!

If you are looking for an ME, definitely.

pyotr filipivich

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 03 Jul 2013

23:07:50 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

LOL

pyotr filipivich

Goodonya, Mikey. PRECISION ill-fitting parts!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

is willing to support the d'arsonval movement.

And if he says 'hell yes, I'll sign that petition!' , when do they meet?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That was on the electronics side, so just five places is low precision. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 04 Jul 2013

09:21:38 -0400 typed >> >> >Larry Jaques wrote:

Which makes sense. Electrons _are_ smaller, so you have to measure them, as they is.

pyotr filipivich

The hard part is reading their serial numbers. Those little suckers are FAST!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oh, hell, boys, just tweak the EventHorizon button on your micro-BlackHole(tm) and slow down time enough to read 'em. Piece o' cake.

Reply to
Larry Jaques