FA: half-inch pure Lead slugs

That makes sense.

Want high sensationalism and low accuracy? Look in your daily news.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

I wonder how hard it would be for an ordinary citizen to get DU given all the BS surrounding it. I have no use for it at the moment but you never know.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Yeah but, "Excretum Torri Cerebrum Vincet."

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Isn't that a rock band?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

I don't know about in the US, but you can simply buy small quantities of uranium in the UK, or you could in the late 90's anyway. AFAIK that was natural uranium though, not DU.

Small quantities didn't need any special paperwork at all. You couldn't buy a lot of it without loads of paperwork though. I don't think it's changed any since then, but it might have.

Uranium has occasionally been used in yacht keels, eg Pen Duick VI. That's not an urban myth. I think they outlawed it for the next America's Cup though.

That's not for cost reasons; although du can cost a lot, it is essentially of negative value - it's a toxic waste product with very few uses, and many regulatory constraints on those.

Afaik it was only ever used in three civil airliners, all made by major US defence contractors; Boeing 747, Lockheed 1011, and the McDonnell Douglas DC-10. The du used in those aircraft was supposedly supplied free of charge.

No-one uses du in new aircraft nowadays.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

He's on first.

Reply to
Johan

Who?

Tim

Tim Williams

What?

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

I don't know!

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Jeez - would someone just post the whole routine (or a link to same? Regards. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

Second Base.

Reply to