Royal drawbar

Got one for a 9" SB, lever acting, 3C collets but no collets. All there and seems to be only missing the original box, if it's seen any use, damn little. Looking for $100.

Reply to
Lennie the Lurker

So this is a 3C collet closer made for a 9" SB, huh? How does it mount?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Don't know for sure, the drawbar has setscrews to hold it to the spindle end, but the arm that the lever works against, seems to me it should mount to the headstock or to one of the guards. My 9" SB was run over by a tractor, asking anything about the guards, all I know is that the box of many pieces is a lot more pieces than SB intended. The closer didn't come with the machine, I just picked it up. If it had, the machine might have been worth what I paid for it. Major castings are ok, but anything that stuck out or was thin got it. Kind of a shame, came with steady rest, taper attachment, nice, seems to be almost new, Cushman chuck with both sets of jaws. Maybe someday I'll be able to make chips with it, the idea of making cannon barrels with the taper attachment is appealing. (Show and tell types, the idea of putting powder in a brass barrel and touching it off just doesn't seem wise.)

Reply to
Lennie the Lurker